Financial Analyst (Accounting and Cost Allocation)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst with strong focus on Accounting, Cost allocations and Expenses analysis, to work in Financial Planning Unit /Finance under CSP (Corporative Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. Please note that this is a strictly temporary position for 6 months.
- Provide financial support to Employee services and Support services units (Internal Units), and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Recommend improvements on internal financial controls and efficiency of internal processes for internal units.
- Enter payments requests in the system while ensuring accuracy of account codes, authorizations and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Calculate Chargeback and user fees and prepare journals in accordance with month end closing calendar.
- To review and make the corresponding adjustments in the system.
- Generate monthly reports and send it to the internal services unit’s managers.
- In charge of getting the support documentation in order to prepare the corresponding Journal in the system for Corporative Credit Cards.
- In charge of getting the support documentation in order to prepare the corresponding Journal in the system for BISA Credit Cards.
- Follow the facilities spaces in Buildings in order to keep updated the facilities Chargeback.
- Make monthly financial analysis on internal units.
- Prepare accurate financial reports in compliance with international and other standards and agreements.
- Work closely with different areas through the organization to obtain the necessary information for financial analysis and correct chargeback application.
- Support direct activities of Financial Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting of Finance.
- The selected candidate must have at least 3 years of experience working in a financial, Accounting, Expenses Analysis and Costing allocations methods.
- The selected candidate must have knowledge of financial systems, ERP, MS office, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
- The selected candidate must have experience in the preparation of relevant and timely management information including the use of visual information.
- The selected candidate must show strongly developed analytical skills and the ability to identify financial trends.
- Advance in excel skills.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work independently, to prioritize and to plan.
- The selected candidate must be proactive and flexible, able to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must show ability to work with different nationalities, under pressure and as a member of diverse work team.
- Intermediate level of English (written and conversational). English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: