Development Operations Specialist
Salt | Lake City | Salt Lake City
Under the direction of the Development Officer, the Development Operations Specialist will work in support of the IRC in Salt Lake City’s development team, assisting in response to local organizational expansion and the need to increase in-kind, volunteer and monetary resources in support of newly arriving refugee families and program implementation. The Development Operations Specialist will support and assist with day-to-day resource development operations, including in-kind donations management and logistics, tracking in-kind donation distributions in Integra, maintain updated records in Salesforce for both in-kind donors and volunteers, support formal inventory management systems, maintain responsiveness with supporter inquiries and contribute to operations at off-site storage spaces. The Development Operations Assistant will provide critical supports through a high volume period, ensuring the IRC in Salt Lake City remains responsive to supporter inquiries and the needs of the people we serve.
In-Kind Resource Development
· Receive, track and maintain in-kind donations from individual donors as well as local businesses, churches, civic groups, etc. in support of the Development Coordinator.
· Ensure timely processing of in-kind donation receipts for supporters and distribution records for all items provided to beneficiary families.
· Assist with management of daily in-kind donation operations and inventory, including on-site and off-site storage areas, restocking on-site goods for distribution, and potential direct deliveries.
· Support formal inventory management efforts of key items through Integra and external partners.
· Supervise volunteers/volunteer groups to accomplish in-kind donation logistics, as needed.
Volunteer Operations & Supporter Engagement
· Support planning and execution of large-scale events, including the holiday gift drive, directly benefitting the families we serve.
· Support planning of volunteer and supporter engagement, educational, and recognition events.
· Participate and help lead regular Volunteer Information Sessions in support of the Volunteer Coordinator.
· Help maintain updated volunteer records and volunteer processing in Salesforce, including all needed documentation, monthly volunteer timesheets, proof of vaccinations, etc.
· Support efforts to maintain accurate, up-to-date electronic and paper records for in-kind and monetary contributions, including completion of donor acknowledgements and maintaining donor records in Salesforce.
· Support efforts to remain responsive to all community inquiries, including over the phone, text messages, via email and in-person.
· Participate as a member of the IRC in Salt Lake City’s Speakers Bureau, including attending community tabling and speaking events.
· Maintain professionalism, customer service, and IRC Way ideals when working with the community.
· Participate in development team meetings, weekly staff meetings, and national skills building trainings, calls, and communities of practice.
· Support general office logistics, such as office support and front desk, as applicable and feasible.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position Reports to: Development Officer
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Development Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Resource development team, program staff, community supporters.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred; or equivalent work experience, preferably in a non-profit or social services agency environment
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills: the ability to work effectively with partners, donors, and colleagues in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Experience using donor CRM systems, especially Salesforce, preferred.
- Experience with graphic design (Canva, InDesign, etc.), photography, communications, and/or event planning, preferred.
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds to navigate everyday logistics of in-kind donations management.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.