Senior Environmental and Climate Change Communications Consultant
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 brings multi sectoral expertise to design, deliver, evaluate and scale solutions to environment and climate change (ECC) challenges. This integrated, 360-degree approach is needed to achieve sustainable, resilient, just and balanced outcomes for people and the planet.
FHI 360 seeks to hire a consultant to provide strategic communications and digital engagement services to support this growing body of work. The ultimate goal is to help increase and bolster awareness about FHI 360’s expertise and to posturing the organization as a key player across a wide-range of sectors and disciplines. The consultant will help design, lead and implement various communications strategies, campaigns and tactics.
Scope of Work
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of USAID and other international development donor terminology and language pertaining to environment, climate change and social development programs. A successful candidate will be offered an initial Master Consultant Services Agreement (MCSA) with the period of performance for up to one year. The expected level of effort for this engagement will vary based on ongoing needs. The consultant will provide support to the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) on the followings.
- Audience identification: Work with FHI 360’s ECC technical teams to identify organizations, governments, communities and individuals to engage and communicate with.
- Positioning, branding and message development: Support organizational efforts to broaden and deepen FHI 360’s position within the wider ECC community through strong messaging and innovative branding tactics.
- Events: Develop and implement targeted concepts for FHI 360’s ECC virtual and in-person events. These events will include webinar, trainings, panels and more and will be designed to engage target audiences and build brand awareness.
- Thought leadership: Create strategies and communication tactics that places a spotlight on FHI 360’s thought leadership, experience, technical expertise and strategic advantage.
- External relations and media strategy: Work alongside FHI 360’s corporate communications team to increase visibility through external relations and media engagement. This includes identifying media and op-ed opportunities while building organizational spokespeople and influencers.
- Social media engagement and listening: Supporting FHI 360’s broader social media strategies through developing social content and themed campaigns. This includes building a content calendar that helps to determine cadence and balance topic representation. Additionally, the consultant will help strategize around social listening to keep track and engage with relevant ECC conversations and influencers.
- Video production, animation and documentation: Design and produce a ECC video strategy to help demonstrate FHI 360’s programmatic success and organizational impact. This includes production of documentaries, animated/video explainer content, platform recommendations/configuration and other creative uses of video.
- Communication Partnerships & Campaigns: Seek and develop partnership campaign opportunities to help increase audience reach/diversity and to increase awareness about FHI 360’s expertise.
- Microsite strategy and development: Design a strategic approach to designing, developing and launching a ECC focused microsite that helps curate and showcase FHI 360’s technical experts and experience.
- Content ideation, support and creation: Develop a consistent and robust content approach that can be integrated with FHI 360’s current content calendar and will help to demonstrate the integrated and multi-sectoral ECC approach.
- Measurement and monitoring: Capture and analyze the success and impact of FHI 360’s communication activities around ECC.
- Internal communications: Plug into FHI 360s internal communications efforts to increase awareness among staff about synergies and opportunities for collaboration. **
Location of Work
Working remotely or Bangkok, Thailand
Method of Submittal:
Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm for 60 days from the date specified for the receipt of offers, unless another time is specified in the addendum of the RFP.
Timetable and Address for Submission
There is no due date for proposals. FHI 360 will consider applications on a rolling basis and may close this solicitation at any time once the consultant positions are filled. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to [email protected] **
Desired Qualifications include:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in designing, leading and implementing various communications strategies, campaigns and tactics, positioning, branding, message development, Microsite strategy, external relations and media strategy.
- Knowledge of video production, animation, documentation, social media engagement and listening, and the content ideation and creation.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required
- Excellent analyzing skills and attention to detail
- A professional experience or educational training on environment and climate change is a plus
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Education: 20% At least Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Experience: 60% Quality of service based on prior work references, samples and CV
- Cost: 20% Daily rate in USD
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Required Documentation: Proposals must include the following components:
Proposals must include the following components:
- Applicant’s CV
- Cover letter outlining experience
- Proposed daily rate
- Completed FHI 360 Biodata form
- One or two communication samples of branding, Microsite, media strategy, etc.
- 2 references, including contact information
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- Covid-19 Safe Federal Workforce Provision for US Based Consultants: The selected Consultant will be required to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks after 2nd dose of a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single dose vaccine) and provide proof of vaccination to the FHI 360 when requested and prior to receiving work from FHI 360. Selected consultant shall be required to comply with all Covid-19 safety protocols implemented by FHI 360. Covid-19 provisions may change at any time and without advance notice.
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities**
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI 360’s supplier terms and conditions can be found here while our consultant terms and conditions can be found here