Women's Resilience Center Facilitator
San Diego | San
Under the supervision of the Women’s Resilience Center and Social Work Field Placement Coordinator, the WRC Facilitator will be responsible for facilitating wellness and women’s empowerment groups and supporting the implementation of WRC activities. The Facilitator will work with the WRC and Social Work Field Placement Coordinator to develop program curriculum, conduct outreach and recruitment, and facilitate pre and post assessments as well as group sessions.
This position will be based in the IRC El Cajon office.
· Facilitate needs assessments, such as focus group discussions, individual interviews, and surveys
· Facilitate wellness groups, Attachment Vitamins caregiver support groups, and Women in Action (WiA) in collaboration with Safety & Wellness, as well as Business Women in Action (BWiA) in collaboration with the Center for Financial Opportunity;
· Facilitate or coordinate volunteers to facilitate regular engagement opportunities for women including yoga, movement/dance, garden days, English conversation, and sewing circle groups;
· Facilitate psychosocial support groups as well as special topics workshops, including coping with stress;
· Outreach to IRC clients to encourage their involvement in the WRC;
· Track attendance and enroll participants in ETO database;
· Administer surveys to clients as assigned;
· Create and implement schedule of WRC programming
· Maintain WRC space in El Cajon office;
· Participate and assist in recruiting volunteers for quarterly El Cajon Community Garden beautification; and
· Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred, with an emphasis in Social Work, Mental Health, or an equivalent field of study;
- At least 2 years of progressive work experience within social services;
- Demonstrated experience working with refugees, asylees, victims of human trafficking, and/or immigrant populations required;
- Experience facilitating groups and delivering psychosocial support services;
- Health/mental health background preferred; crisis intervention experience preferred;
- Yoga or movement instruction experience preferred;
· Experience working with non-native speakers of varying levels and backgrounds required;
- Experience in gender-based projects, community outreach, and wellness group facilitation;
· Strong written and oral and interpersonal communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment, and the ability to present to a varied public required;
· Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines required;
· Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with partners and colleagues in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment required; Microsoft Office suite required;
· Proficiency in spoken and written English; and
· Proficiency in a key client language, such as Dari, Pashto, Arabic, or Swahili required.
· Standard, professional office environment;
· This position will work from the IRC office and Community Garden in El Cajon;
· During pandemic: Limited at-home work with reliable internet and in-office/garden client work . Non-pandemic: Standard, professional office environment;
· Offices hours are scheduled as Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm; with occasional evening or weekend activities as needed;
· Regular travel to off-site locations is required; and
· Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.