Senior Responsive Information Officer
Senior Responsive Information officer
Duty station: Vinnytsia, with regular movement to Lviv/Western Ukraine and Dnipro for technical visits
Key working relationships:
- Position Reports to: PRoL Manager, Ukraine
- Position directly supervises: TBD
- Internal collaborations within IRC: Sr Protection Monitoring officer, PRoL Community Mobilizers, Child Protection team; WPE team; Economic Recovery and Development team; Health team
- External collaborations to IRC: Protection and information services actors, organizations and agencies
IRC is providing innovative two-way communication services, through information hubs and mobile teams to reach crisis-affected communities in Ukraine with accessible information. The IRC Ukraine Emergency Protection Response aims at recruiting a Sr Responsive Information officer, in order to implement quality responsive information services. The Senior Responsive Information Officer will be based at IRC’s office in Vinnytsia, under supervision of the Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) Manager. Specifically, the Sr Responsive Information will be responsible for:
1) Program implementation and quality: Reinforcing adherence to the protection guiding principles throughout all protection and partners activities, specifically:
· In collaboration with the PRoL Manager, draft moderation guidelines, escalation protocol and adapt responsive information tools to the Ukrainian context
· Collect and analyze information collected from the frontline moderators in order to inform the responsive information strategy.
· Ensure collection of data on people’s feedback, information needs and preferred media (and translate into English if required) and compile regular analysis of the communications (including responses to individual questions, trends in conversation and information gaps)
· Share opinions, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis.
· Analyze information gaps amongst community members to feed into future content creation
· Ensure regular update of the service map in the areas of information provision
2) Program monitoring and reporting: Ensure all program activities and services are fully documented using agreed monitoring tools for systematic and timely data collection on activities, specifically:
· Generate weekly and monthly information monitoring reports
· Submit the updated weekly report and tracker on activities led, success stories, lessons learned, etc. to the designated IRC protection focal point on agreed-upon deadlines
· Support the PRoL Manager to develop program report related to donor requirement and program requirement.
3) Staff supervision and development: Directly supervise staff by providing regular supervision, coaching, and guidance on information provision activities, specifically:
· Support the recruitment, training and supervision of implementing partner(s) and frontline information moderators responsible to provide responsive information services and Psychological First Aid.
· Ensure capacity building and technical support of the Protection Monitoring data collectors and implementing partner(s) on data collection, data entry for rapid assessment, data sharing protocols, and protection monitoring processes in the targeted location.
· Work closely with the Sr Protection monitoring Officer to ensure provision of responsive information is complementary to the Rapid Protection Assessment and/or protection monitoring activities.
4) Other: Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the protection team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC Security department and management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the environment for IRC programs.
· Language: Ukrainian, Russian and English
· Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Work, Human Rights, Social Science, Public Health, Humanities or other related field, desirable
· Previous experience in information provision
· Experience facilitating group activities, trainings and workshops and mentoring others
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients/beneficiaries
· Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
· High degree of flexibility and strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
· Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel