Sr Protection Monitoring Officer
Sr Protection Monitoring officer
Duty station: Vinnytsia, with regular movement to Lviv/Western Ukraine and Dnipro for technical visits
Key working relationships:
- Position Reports to: PRoL Manager, Ukraine
- Position directly supervises: TBD
- Internal collaborations within IRC: Sr Responsive Information officer, PRoL Community Mobilizers, Child Protection team; WPE team; Economic Recovery and Development team; Health team.
- External collaborations to IRC: Protection and information services actors, organizations and agencies
The IRC Ukraine Emergency Protection Response aims at recruiting a Sr Protection Monitoring officer, in order to oversee all IRC Protection Monitoring and analysis activities. The Senior Protection Monitoring Officer will be based at IRC’s office in Vinnytsia, under supervision of the Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) Manager. The Senior Protection Monitoring Officer will serve as key person to implement protection monitoring along the displacement routes and provide evidence base to inform needs of affected population for program adjustment and advocacy.Specifically, the Sr Protection monitoring will be responsible for:
Program implementation and quality: Reinforcing adherence to the GBV guiding principles throughout all WPE and partners activities, specifically:
· Support the PRoL Manager and implementing partner(s) to develop and implement Rapid Protection Assessments and/or Protection Monitoring and analysis frameworks including data collection tools.
· Collect secondary data available on protection risks and issues in Ukraine to complete data analysis.
· Ensure capacity building and technical support of the Protection Monitoring data collectors and implementing partner(s) on data collection, data entry for rapid assessment, data sharing protocols, and protection monitoring processes in the targeted location.
· Ensure that data collection for protection monitoring is complete and meet data quality requirement.
· Work closely with the Protection Manager and the MEAL team to create data collection tools on Kobo / CommCare and dashboards on Excel or PowerBi, in adherence to IRC’s data protectoin standards
· Support the PRoL Manager in data analysis and RPA / Protection Monitoring designing reports and other reporting mechanisms.
· Work closely with the Sr Responsive Information Office to ensure provision of responsive information is complementary to the Rapid Protection Assessment and/or protection monitoring activities.
Program Management: Ensure all program activities and services are fully delivered using agreed tools for systematic and timely monitoring, specifically:
· Support PRoL Manager to develop program report related to donor requirement and program requirement.
· Responsible to monitor spending related to protection monitoring are on track and timely inform Senior Emergency Protection Management for budget adjustment need.
Other: Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the protection team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC Security department and management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the environment for IRC programs.
· Language: Ukrainian, Russian and English
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Work, Human Rights, Social Science, Public Health, Humanities or other related field, desirable
- Previous experience in protection monitoring / protection assessments / data collection
- Experience facilitating group activities, trainings and workshops and mentoring other
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients/beneficiaries
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- High degree of flexibility and strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel