The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
Within the OECD's Executive Directorate (EXD), the Conference, Security and Infrastructure Service (EXD/CSI) is responsible in particular for conference services, interpretation and translation services, security of OECD staff, delegates and visitors and the management and operation of OECD buildings, including fire safety, in Paris and at OECD Centres abroad.
In EXD/CSI, the Conference and Security Division (EXD/CSI/CSD) manages the OECD conference meeting rooms and ensures high quality audio visual and other multimedia services are offered to meeting and event organisers and attendees.
Currently meetings take place in a virtual format (all participants join remotely), or in a hybrid format (participants join both from the physical conference centre and remotely), and include simultaneous interpretation.
EXD/CSI/CSD division is looking for Audio-Visual Specialist(s) who will be responsible for preparing, assisting with, setting up and operating the audio-visual equipment. The Audio-Visual Specialist(s) will work under the supervision of the Audio Visual Operations Manager.
- Drawing on the information provided by the corporate Conference Room Management System (CRMS), and in coordination with other services, provide efficient technical support and professional audio-visual services to meeting organisers and participants.
- Connect, tune and configure complex AV setups to ensure high-quality broadcasting and recording, operate software to control AV technologies and monitor live feeds to ensure quality.
- Establish and maintain close contact with committee secretariats and external clients in order to help them to prepare events using the technological solutions and methods determined by the Audio Visual Operations Manager.
- Maintain a technical telephone hotline for clients, in collaboration with the other team members.
- Carry out meeting room equipment checks, proactively identify potential issues and report on the status of audio-visual equipment. Monitor problems on a daily basis, investigate complex problems, determine root causes and solutions, document resolutions, and report periodically to his/her line manager.
- Configure and operate the audio-visual equipment to meet the services and standards required by the Organisation.
- Oversee equipment maintenance and ensure the physical inventory of assets is updated.
- Provide User assistance and documentation on the functioning of audio-visual equipment in the meeting rooms.
- Ensure effective coordination of sub-contractors (for room transformation, cabling, maintenance, dedicated assistance) and supervise their work.
- Participate in projects to modernise the systems used in the meeting rooms, in particular to adapt infrastructure and audio-visual services to the virtualisation of events.
- Participate in room transformation and implementation of audio-visual solutions required for high level or complex events (production video switcher, professional cameras, teleprompter, sound systems, lighting…).
- Propose ideas for improving the service.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking solutions to problems and keep abreast of current technologies, innovations (especially on audio/IP technology and web conferencing solutions with interpretation) and their implementation.
- Participate in other tasks connected to the unit’s activities.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- An advanced university degree in audio-visual systems, IT technologies, multimedia or equivalent professional experience.
A minimum of five year’s professional experience in audio-visual and conference technologies, more specifically\:
- Installation and configuration of complex audio conferencing systems with interpretation.
- Audio/IP networking and network peripheral installation and configuration.
- Configuration, programming of sophisticated audio and video routing systems
- Installation, configuration of professional video and sound systems (video production switchers, cameras, teleprompter, digital mixing console …).
- Configuration of remote conferencing systems (audio / video / web conferences, end points and H323 / SIP protocols).
- Experience in client support in the context of the provision of technical services.
- Capacity to understand and translate client needs into operational instructions.
- Proven experience in working in operational teams and supervising outsourced external contractors.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment would be an advantage.
- Main web conferencing applications, such as WebEx, Teams, Zoom, including web solutions with interpretation.
- Control, processing, display and routing AV software.
- Standard audio and video post-production tools (editing, file conversion).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn the standard range of software packages used in the Organisation e.g. Conference Reservation Management System (CRMS).
- Working knowledge of both OECD official languages (English and French) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important\: Analytical thinking, Flexible thinking, Teamwork, Client focus, Diplomatic sensitivity, Organisational knowledge.
- Please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two- year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 4 856 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
For retained candidates, written tests/video-recorded interviews are foreseen beginning of June and panel interviews are planned end of June.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.