Senior Procurement Specialist
Ref. Number: 22066
Department: Operational Services Department
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 26 April 2022
Closing Date: 31 May 2022
Senior Procurement Specialist
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow - infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will be responsible for implementing AIIB’s operational procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that their application by recipients of AIIB financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent, and that procurement under an AIIB project is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. The Senior Specialist will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise to both recipient and AIIB staff to help facilitate successful project delivery.
- Take the lead in all project procurement matters throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct project procurement risk assessments and recommend risk mitigation measures on both policy and regulatory compliance and the recipient’s proposed Project Delivery Strategy.
- Review the recipient’s Project Delivery Strategy, procurement plans, tender documentation, and tender evaluation reports to determine if they are acceptable to AIIB and in compliance with AIIB’s Procurement Policy, contract implementation and management arrangements.
- Review complaints from tenderers/consultants arising from the recipient’s procurement process.
- Review and analyze the suitability of proposed procurement arrangements, including the system used by relevant national agencies, that will be used by the recipient under the AIIB-financed project, for application by a recipient under an AIIB- financed project.
- Provide business opportunity outreach on AIIB-financed projects to both the international and local business communities.
- Provide training on project procurement issues and advice on implementing the Bank’s Procurement Policy.
- Mentor junior procurement specialists as needed, and
- Review the Bank's procurement policies and procedures when necessary and discuss them with the appropriate departments in the Bank as needed.
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience of procurement in infrastructure projects financed by multilateral development banks (MDBs) or equivalent organizations.
- Sound knowledge and experience of international best practices in infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies. Professional knowledge of public procurement systems and legislations and international/national procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience working with MDBs and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies on procurement policies and procedures.
- Broad experiences with the use of e-Procurement system used by governments, MDBs, and/or public companies.
- Experience with procurement by private sector entities, nonsovereign operations, PPPs, concessions and similar arrangements would be an advantage.
- An effective communicator with demonstrable analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record in managing integrity issues with vendors, using best-in-class management processes, while adhering to the highest standards of integrity.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in engineering, public procurement or related fields; professional Procurement Certification (e.g., CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.