Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst
Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst
The position will be involved in actively delivering the outcomes and impact of sustainable livelihoods and growth with effective commodity value chains through partnerships.The position’s main purpose is to lead research and development work and provide analyses in economics for various geographical scopes and scales, and effectively supervise relevant work at management and project activity levels.
Duties and responsibilities
1.Contribute to the design and implementation of research and development activities in agriculture and agroforestry economics, which include economic assessment of various land use options, such as profitability and trade-off analyses, and models of tree-based agriculture for various geographical scopes and scales in Indonesia.
2.Conduct quality control/assurance for data management, generation, processing, assessment and analysis of relevant data.
3.Lead the development and preparation of relevant research activities.
4.Prepare drafts of written reports, peer-reviewed papers and other publications.
5.Be actively involved in the implementation of communication strategy within the unit.
6.Conduct capacity building and stakeholder engagement in co-ordination with relevant project activities to increase levels of impact.
7.Supervise students and field staff conducting economic-related research activities.
8.Maintain strong relationship with the national agriculture and forestry research system, NGOs, universities, local partners and community.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, or economics. Holding a master’s degree is well regarded.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of relevant experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of agroforestry and farm- and commodity-based economics.
- Experience in working with a research institution or non-profit-organization, preferably one based on agriculture or forestry.
- Experience in conducting economics research in a farm or rural setting would be an advantage.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Strong administrative and documentation skills.
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills (Indonesian and English).
Personal attributes and competencies
- Both results and process orientated.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural teams.
- Willing to learn new skills and to seek knowledge related to the scope and content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention to make continuous improvement.
Terms and conditions
- This is a locally recruited staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for one year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources. To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 07 May-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.