MLPP 2022_HR Officer (Talent Acquisition and Outreach)
Post Number : MLPP 2022_HRM 050
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Bureau of Human Resources Management (HRM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Human Resources
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 27-JUNE-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
This position is part of the Mid-Level Professionals Programme (MLPP).
We strongly encourage applicants from non- and under-represented Member States to apply.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision of the Senior HR Officer (Staffing and Recruitment), the HR Officer (Talent Acquisition and Outreach) is responsible for developing and implementing outreach and sourcing initiatives and activities, including via social media, partnerships with Member States, UN networks, academia, in support of talent acquisition and the Organization's diversity and inclusion goals (i.e. geographic diversity, gender parity). The incumbent will also contribute to the implementation of special talent programmes, such as the Young Professionals Programme (YPP), Mid-Level Professionals Programme (MLPP).
In particular, the incumbent will:
Talent Outreach & Sourcing
- Develop and implement innovative and creative outreach and sourcing initiatives to recruit diverse talent, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Member States, particularly non- and under-represented Member States, to develop and implement outreach campaigns to identify and attract diverse candidates in support of UNESCO's goals to achieve equitable geographic distribution and gender parity.
- Work closely with and advise Human Resources Officers on the best souring/outreach solutions.
- Identify, promote and implement talent outreach initiatives and other sourcing techniques such as search firms, professional networks, global career platforms and use of social media.
- Conduct webinars/seminars and outreach events with Member States, universities, UN counterparts and other relevant stakeholders to identify and attract potential candidates.
- Coordinate and conduct targeted and impactful outreach activities such as job fairs and forums, conferences, webinars, etc. and promotes UNESCO as an employer of choice.
- Develop and prepare promotional and informational materials related to outreach activities as needed.
Special Talent Programmes and Projects
- Contribute to the implementation of the special talent programmes.
- Contribute to the recruitment and staffing activities.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards; monitor and provide regular reports on talent outreach activities.
- Contribute to the review of processes, procedures and practices as appropriate for continuous improvement using design thinking methodology.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Communication (C) Accountability (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resource management, business or public administration, social sciences, law or related area.
- A first-level degree in combination with two (2) additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Certification in the area of human resource management, particularly in talent acquisition, HR analytics and workforce planning will be a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience in the field of human resources management with emphasis on recruitment and/or talent outreach, of which preferably two (2) years acquired at international level.
- Experience and knowledge of sourcing techniques, including social media.
- Strong analytical capability with ability to look for weaknesses in processes and to propose improvements.
- Understanding and implementation of recruiting analytics to drive decision-making.
- Knowledge of talent management systems, and the use of databases/rosters.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues at all levels and with partners.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work in a multicultural team with sensitivity, high sense of confidentiality and respect for diversity.
- Strong client orientation approach, as well as diplomatic skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Good knowledge of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of other UNESCO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.