Health Manager (Syria Country Program)
The Health Manager is in charge of the implementation of the health program in North-West Syria. They will be accountable for all aspects of coordination, monitoring, quality assurance and capacity building for direct and partner-led activities in Idleb and Aleppo Governorates. They will ensure collaboration and interaction between the IRC Health and Protection departments to provide comprehensive support to the beneficiaries. They will contribute to the strategy and harmonization of health programming across the whole of Syria.
Technical Program Management:
- Ensure the efficiency, and effectiveness of the health program are enhanced through effective implementation and monitoring of program activities.
- Review the IRC’s partner and directly led program activities to ensure technical quality and alignment with the WHO, Sphere and IRC standards.
- Build strong relationships with partner organizations by facilitating regular dialogue and exchanges to ensure close collaboration for effective planning and execution of program activities.
- Coordinate with the Community Health Manager, the Pharma Specialist, and the MHPSS Manager to integrate activities and ensure one IRC health program approach is followed.
- Participate in developing the overall country program health strategies, policies and procedures in compliance with global standards.
- Work with the field management teams and other sector departments to ensure proper coordination of field activities through regular field coordination meetings and providing regular reports as it relates to health activities.
- Represent IRC in the relevant Technical Working Groups and health cluster meetings and develop working relationships with other health actors to ensure effective coordination.
- Ensure Progress reports and project work plans are timely prepared, and practical technical assistance is provided to the field teams and IRC implementing partners.
- Ensure that the health program activities are in line with IRC’s Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF), Good and Great Standards. through regular consultations on the program strategy and implementation with the Regional and HQ-based IRC Technical Unit
- Contribute to participatory and inclusive proposal design and development processes and ensure that projects are data-driven and aligned with the IRC Syria Strategy Action Plan (SAP), and IRC Theories of Change.
- Develop the capacities of partners and health staff through effective capacity building activities in, the implementation, and management of the health Programme activities.
- Coordinate activities with external actors, as needed including Health Clusters and other coordination mechanisms leveraging IRC’s role within the health cluster.
General Project & Grant Management:
- Ensure that the project interventions are implemented according to internal IRC and donor regulations with an overall review by the Health Coordinator
- Participate in grant opening, midterm review and grant closing meetings for all health grants and ensure that the same process is implemented in the field
- Write and submit quality monthly/quarterly reports with inputs from the field-based health teams and partners.
- Support partners staff in the use of grant management tools such as the budget tracking tools, activity progress monitoring tools, procurement, spending plans, etc.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to the finance and logistics staff as well as to the field-based health staff
- Ensure that assigned budgets of the implementing partners are spent according to plan and as per contractual agreements and donor expectations.
Program Quality Assurance:
- Monitor program implementation against work plans and overall project objectives, documenting progress and achievements, providing analysis and adapting program strategy and implementation accordingly
- Conduct regular project review meetings, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative data, with field-based staff to assess the level of achievement of project targets for the assigned partners.
- Collaborate with the MEAL unit to develop detailed log frames and work plans, and update the quality assurance tools in line with the program objectives.
- Coordinate with IRC health program partners to design technical workshops and training to improve field health staff.
- Develop learning materials in coordination with the Health Coordinator, and Technical Unit (TU) to support IRC and partners' staff capacity development.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health Coordinator
Position directly Supervises: N/A
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Senior Health Manager, HIMO, Community Health Manager, Mental Health Manager, Pharma Specialist, Health Senior Officers, Partnership Unit, Field Management, Protection Coordinator, ERD Coordinator, Humanitarian Access Manager, Health Field staff.
Key External Contacts: IRC’s partner organizations, health clinics, and other NGOs