Ref. Number: 22071
Department: Office of the Controller
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: April 29, 2022
Closing Date: May 22, 2022
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Accounting Officer will be responsible for assisting in AIIB’s financial accounting and reporting, particularly in the accounting treatment relating to the main financial products and preparation of financial data analysis as well as the financial reports. They will be involved in various accounting and reconciliations functions.
- Perform daily accounting duties relating to managing the investment operations portfolio and treasury portfolio by maintaining, reviewing and completing the subledger operations, assisting with journal entry preparation and period-end closing, reconciling subledgers to the general ledger, and completing cash reconciliations.
- Review and analyze the data for financial products, including loan and equity investments, liquidity portfolio products of deposits, money market instruments, investment securities, derivatives, borrowing/bond issuances, foreign exchanges etc., to ensure accuracy and compliance in accordance with IFRS.
- Assist in preparing the periodic financial statements primarily for disclosure notes relating to financial products in the investment operations portfolio and treasury portfolio.
- Assist in the new product review process, including conducting accounting classification (including SPPI test) and accounting treatment, and evaluating system readiness, disclosure requirements, and potential impacts on the financial position and performances of the Bank.
- Prepare financial analysis at the portfolio level, analyze the transactional movements and compare them against historical performance for management purposes.
- Prepare subledger adjustments as at ad-hoc or period-end.
- Participate in IT system-related projects and process improvements.
- Perform review on valuations of the financial products, and perform ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant practical experience working in an international bank and/or large organization.
- Familiarity with the accounting practices for main banking and financial products, especially the adoption of IFRS 9 for financial instruments.
- Strategic problem solver with high sensitivityand sound knowledge of financial accounting and reporting.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software and financial product systems.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines on a tight schedule.
- A team player who can communicate for results.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in finance, accounting, related fields.
- A Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation from a reputable and internationally recognized institution.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.