Refugee Economic Empowerment AmeriCorps
Job Overview: The Economic Empowerment & Capacity Building AmeriCorps will support the development of Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) curriculum, Job Readiness Training (JRT), Financial Literacy Training, and other components of IRC Sacramento’s Adult Education programming. The member will work to improve the JRT and VESL curriculum by conducting a landscape assessment of Adult Education programming of IRC offices in Northern California to identify areas of overlap and/or gaps and opportunities for increased coordination and alignment of services. Finally, the member will support communications and event planning - including maintaining a participant database and a monthly newsletter. The member will also research and recommend ways to share relevant information with clients, coordinate trainings and workshops, and conduct community outreach.
Please submit your application here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=107202
And reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
· Support Education Specialist in improving VESL and JRT curricula
· Coordinate trainings and workshops that will support IRC clients in reaching economic self-sufficiency
· Maintain participant database and support internal and external communications via newsletters and social media
· Track client progress in client database.
· Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
· Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities.