Founded in 1933, The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. In Uganda, IRC serves South Sudanese and Congolese refugees and other populations affected by conflict in Northern Uganda, West Nile, Kampala Urban, South western Uganda and Karamoja sub-region. The IRC is implementing programs in the sectors of Health, Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL), Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE), Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) and Education. IRC currently operates field Offices in Lamwo, Yumbe, Terego (Imvepi), Kampala, Rhino camp, and Kyegeggwa district.
The Program Administrative Assistant will act as the point of contact for all staffs, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular purchase and payment request and reports, preparing periodic procurement plans and organizing program records. Candidate should have previous experience as an Office Administrator or similar administrative role. Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and follow up on office purchases and payment requests for Programs.
- Manage program/office supplies through receiving and making release orders
- Support the Managers review PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for departments.
- Act as a liaison between program, supply chain, finance and HR office on program requirements
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential Program documents.
- Maintain a program calendar and schedule appointments
- Book and/or schedule meeting/training venues for Program activities as required.
- Liaise with Managers within Program to schedule in-house and external events.
- Work with the Managers within Programs to ensure staff submit their timesheets to HR in time.
- Support the Managers within Program to manage program staff leave database in accordance with IRC regulations.
- Support Human resource functions as requested by HR department.
- Ensure staff relevant information is shared with HR/Admin on a regular basis.
- Communicate any staff welfare concerns to the HR/Admin officer on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as maybe required.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Deadline for receiving applications is May 18th,2022.