Background: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Overall responsibility of recording accounting transactions, field office financial management, monitoring of cash inflow and outflow, budget management.
- Reviews payment requests <3750 USD to verify that all the necessary supporting documents have been attached and that the payments are for eligible expenditures as per the grant agreement.
- Makes sure that all payments are made after approval has been obtained from the designated official.
- Monitor checks are used sequentially, appropriately and completed correctly.
- Checks cash payment vouchers and the related documents submitted by the cashier for replenishment are correctly and reconciled with the documents and the cash count.
- Ensure that all cash operation procedures and internal controls are strictly followed.
- Carries out cash count at the end of every day and at any other interval as per the IRC policy.
- Records all cash in office, petty cash, adjustment, Accruals and bank transactions on the excel format using the correct T codes.
- At the end of the month and 15th of every month
- Reconciles cash balance per records with the result of cash count,
- Reconciles bank balance as per records with the balance on bank statement (Prepare Bank Reconciliation),
- Investigates and explains any difference arising from the reconciliation, if any.
- Share error free financial reports prepared in excel format twice in a month to Finance Manager
- Assist Finance Manager on Provide training on IRC financial policy rules and procedures.
- Oversees that the office’s cash operations are carried out properly and whenever irregularities are observed, report to Finance Manager.
- Compile and send cash projection every quarter to finance manager jijiga.
- Prepare & Send cash transfer request to Finance manager 3 times in every month as per schedule
- Prepare and share cash analysis report Ensures that the established control systems for assets acquisition, handling and utilization are consistently applied.
- Checks that vehicle fuel consumption is within normal limits by comparing the mileage with the corresponding fuel consumption.
- Make sure the Authorization Schedule issued is in place and appropriated logistics/procurements are completed and attached.
- Make sure Finance assistant had paid monthly taxes and any other liabilities & collected the receipts & bank advice.
- Tracks the status of personal advances and ensures their timely settlement. And ensure all balance sheet payables and receivables are cleared on time and respond if any comment regarding of balance sheet every month.
- Coding all the transaction properly on the Finance vouchers as per approved PR.
- Ensure the fulfillment of all financial documents (Collections and disbursements) is as per the IRC audit requirement.
- Clearing all grant online BVA commitments every month and check the online payment “mark as Accepted for all documents reviewed during the month
- Follow up with the finance Assistant that all paid payment requests during the month has marked as PAID” each day & before the BVA Synchronized for each reporting period”
- Responsible for staff development under direct supervision.
- As part of his/her supervision responsibility, set and agree with the Finance Assistant Key performance objectives for each financial year in line with the Department goals.
- Provide the Finance Assistant conducive work environment; business tools, support, and relevant training necessary for them to perform their work.
- Monitor the performance of the Finance Assistant through the year providing regular feedback on progress towards meeting agreed objectives and any improvement needed. And conduct an annual performance evaluation.
- Contribute to the overall proper functioning of the Finance department by taking on any other duties assigned by Finance Manager.