Consultancy: Logistics and Administrative Evaluation Assistant - Independent Evaluation Office
Home Based - May require travel
The Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) of UNDP reports to the UNDP Executive Board, which is the custodian of the UNDP Evaluation Policy (DP/2016/23). IEO conducts independent evaluations and other activities according to its programme of work approved by the Executive Board.
The IEO is conducting three thematic evaluations of UNDP’s support to: 1) Social Protection, 2) Access to Justice, and 3) the Integration of the Leave No One Behind principle. Each evaluation team consists of IEO staff and external experts and will undertake an extensive data collection plan involving both remote and in person meetings at UNDP HQ, Regional Hubs and in selected countries. The evaluations will be conducted throughout 2022 and will be presented to the UNDP Executive Board sessions in 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
The assistant will report to the Chief of Section for Corporate and Thematic Evaluations, working under the guidance of the lead evaluators for each of the three evaluations.
Specifically, the person will:
- Schedule data collection initiatives across the three evaluations, sourcing contact information, preparing and issuing invitations, managing correspondence with interviewees, setting up teleconference facilities, and maintaining records on data collection processes.
- Coordinate data collection, meetings, organizing workplans and sequencing calendars.
- Assist Lead Evaluators in preparing documentation for contracting evaluation team members, working with the Operations Team in preparing contracts and transactions.
- Assist the teams in the preparation of data collection missions, working with the respective UNDP Regional Bureaux/hubs and Country Offices in rendering logistic support.
- Support the Lead Evaluators in monitoring the evaluation budgets and financial expenditures, timely preparing documentation for payments and advance requests, and supporting budget revisions as needed.
- Prepare inputs for evaluation reports and annexes, providing formatting support and developing limited content as relevant to data collection process and reporting.
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Good mastery of information technology required for organized scheduling, telephone conferencing, and report publication.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking skills; and
- Availability to work within agreed timelines.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams, acting with professionalism, diplomacy, tact and courtesy.
Required Skills and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration, business management, logistics, modern languages, communications or a relevant field. A Master’s degree in the above is considered an advantage.
Experience and skills
- At least three years of experience in administrative or logistical support roles, or in project management.
- Experience in working with evaluation or research teams is desirable.
- Previous experience working in a similar function in UNDP is advantageous.
- Understanding of the UN/UNDP mandate, operations and programmes is desirable.
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in English, as well as capacity to work in French and Spanish are desirable.
Applicants are expected to submit their applications by 5:00pm (EST) on 22 May 2022. The following documents should be uploaded to the UNDP Jobs site as one document:
- A short cover letter that introduces the candidate and highlights relevant expertise;
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of at least three (3) professional references;
- A completed Confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal Form that indicates your daily rate for this consultancy.
Please ensure that all required documents are combined and uploaded as one file as the system does not permit multiple uploads.