Recruitment Assistant (NPSA5 level)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of recruitment processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to recruitment business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in recruitment management in consultation with direct supervisors and GSSC management.
- Support to the preparation of draft terms of reference, vacancy announcements, screening of applicants, evaluation of candidate applications, gathering of candidate references, organization of interview panels, finalization of candidate selection/approvals and handover of completed recruitment cases to the GSSC Benefits and Entitlements Team for hiring, onboarding and contract management.
- Support to the communication with candidates as it relates to the outcome of their applications.
- Provide assistance with the production of insightful recruitment analytics reports with regard to critical vacancies taking into account UNDP’s corporate priorities of gender parity and workforce diversity.
- Support the maintenance and update of recruitment measurements and tracking systems.
- Contribute to the maintenance and update of candidate rosters
- Support Team members to meet the goals of the Team and GSSC RSC.
- Provide support on the reduction of costs of operations and related costs to clients and partners and assist Country Offices with the validation and timely recovery of charges related to recruitment services provided to projects and/or other UN Agencies.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by direct supervisors.
- Ensures that knowledge management distribution/system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of recruitment, selection and placement matters.
- Contribute to the identification of the need for new and/or modified policies and practices and initiate or propose actions required. Actively liaise with direct supervisors to seek policy clarifications and/or identify agreed solutions.
- Support to periodic training courses on local recruitments for Country Offices and the Regional Hub.
- Contribute to continuous learning and development for recruitment by pursuing own development and acquire new knowledge with recruitment best practices.
- Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes
- Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs.
- Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. BA/BSc degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
Years of relevant work experience
- Minimum five (5) years (with Secondary education), or, minimum two (2) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in administrative support services; preferably recruitment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience with talent acquisition software and platforms is meritorious.
- Required Language(s) Fluency in English (both written and verbal).
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s) would be an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.