MHPSS Community Psychosocial Worker
Job Overview/Summary: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the MHPSS Manager, the Community Psychosocial support worker provides psychosocial support to the Ukrainian communities. The Community Psychosocial worker will be responsible for building resilience of people forcibly displaced from Ukraine. This position will be engaging with individuals and families from Ukraine community who arrive in Greece, who are experiencing adjustment difficulties to offer encouragement, guidance, and emotional support. The role will include conducting client-centered needs assessments and skill-building workshops to enhance problem solving and promote positive interactions, to run psychosocial support groups and develop community activities.
- Promote mental health and psychosocial support within affected communities.
- Meet with individuals and families in the community to conduct needs assessments.
- Prepare an appropriate plan of action with clearly identified goals and activities.
- Under supervision and close collaboration with MHPSS IRC team, engage in evidenced based psychoeducation and skill building activities.
- Collaborate closely with the MHPSS team and facilitate in the provision of psychoeducation groups.
- Identify and refer to the IRC MHPSS team people from the community who need MHPSS support.
- Document activities through case notes and data entry.
- Collaborate with supervisor to provide crisis assessment.
- Support MHPSS activities wherever they take place.
- Assist with evaluation of current program services and explore ways to introduce new service opportunities
- Attend IRC trainings and conference calls addressing mental health program development and other mental health and psychosocial support related topics
- Other duties, as required.