Ukraine Crisis Response (UCR) - Programme Officer
Ukraine | Romania | Moldova
The escalation of conflict in Ukraine has forced more than 5 million people - mostly women and children - to flee to neighbouring countries. With the escalating crisis, the needs are growing by the hour. More than half of Ukraine's children have either fled for safety within the country or are living as refugees.
Since the conflict started, our teams have been on the ground assessing and responding to the urgent needs of those searching for safety. We are currently scaling up our multi-country response across three countries (Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine) and are recruiting for many key positions that will make a direct impact on the lives of people who have been caught up in conflict.
Here's where you come in:
As a Programme Officer, you will support the Programme Department, principally focusing on Grant Acquisition and Grant Management sub-departments. You will provide support to other departments as needed. Your main responsibilities will include proposal design, timely and quality donor reporting, grant management, information management and supporting local implementing partners, World Vision support (fundraising) offices, and donor engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- 4 years’ experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Understanding of project design and proposal writing.
- Basic understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, Aus Aid etc.
- Completed a recognised personal security course in the past 3 years
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
*Possible position locations: Romania, Ukraine, Moldova
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.