Economic Recovery Assistant - Career Counselling
DRC has been responding to various humanitarian crises in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees. DRC received registration from the Ministry of Interior in 2011, and since then has focused primarily on responding to the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and the resulting impact on Lebanese host community. DRC Lebanon’s focus is to ensure that we are able to respond to critical emerging humanitarian needs whilst improve the living conditions of displacement-affected populations and contribute to the achievement of durable solutions. With an annual portfolio of $12million, and with approximately 200+ staff, DRC is focusing its response in protection and economic recovery (Ec-Rec) sector in Bekka, North Lebanon and Beirut. DRC is also contributing to the evidence base and coordination structures in country through our Evidence Generation and referral information management (RIMs) teams.
About the job
The Economic Recovery Assistant will be based in North as a member of the Economic Recovery department, under the direct supervision of the Economic Recovery Officer. The Economic Recovery assistant will be responsible for offering general information about the employability center (CDCs) and its services, conducting socio-economic profiling tool for the beneficiaries and providing guidance for them, providing life skills development trainings, deliver and support the officer in delivering counseling session. S/he will be responsible for providing ongoing mentoring and follow-up to beneficiaries going through the Economic Recovery activities of the programs. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Supporting in the outreach process to vulnerable communities through municipalities, partner organization, social media, radio, and in collaboration with other DRC programs.
- Providing front-desk registration coverage for Economic Recovery programme/ Centers and offering general information about the employability center and its services, answering phone calls, calling beneficiaries to make registration appointments, and following- up with the previously contacted beneficiaries.
- Organize and perform socio-economic profiling and work on information systems/database to record relevant data of beneficiaries.
- Provide beneficiaries with relevant information on the Labour market, Lebanese regulations and their implications for Lebanese and non-Lebanese
- Support the career counseling officer in providing the counseling service, through providing the socio-economic profiling assessment, taking appointment for career counselling, conducting self-assessment, tests satisfaction survey, etc.
- Provide individual career counseling services, following DRC SOPs and guidelines, ensuring a good communication and a safe space
- Based on the beneficiaries’ needs, interest and capacities, develop and individual Economic Recovery pathway and refer the person to the most suitable activities within the program or externally (employment and self-employment options, vocational training opportunities, work-based learning, etc.)
- Organize and conduct life/soft skills trainings sessions for program participants, ensuring activie participations, feedbacks. , and ssupporting beneficiaries in filling attendance sheet.
- Conduct referrals for beneficiaireis with identified needs to other sectors (protection, wash, shelter, etc.) through RIMS
- Assist in conducting market assessment of the areas of intervention and determining program intervention priorities bases on needs and existing resources
- Ensure strong engagement with beneficiaries targeted and make sure their enquiries are answered in a timely manner. Similarly, inform beneficiaries about the feedbacks and complaints mechanism and the hotline number.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a minimum of a Bachelor University degree, preferably related to international development, social sciences, economics or psychology. we also expect the following:
1 year of minimum experience with INGOs, preferably in Economic Recovery, social services or related sectors, which would include experience with the following activities:
- Implementation of skills development trainings programs
- Profiling beneficiaries for vulnerability and matching them with career pathways
- Training and facilitation for staff and community groups
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: until the 31st of December 2022
Duty Station: North
Start date: 13 June 2022
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment ; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected]
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: May 24, 2022
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.