Procurement Administration Assistant
Business Support Assistant - Procurement Administration
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Application Deadline: 25nd May, 2022
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SB3)
Duration: 01 year (renewable)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Finding long-term and sustainable solutions to chronic hunger is also a part of the WFP mandate. The WFP Centre of Excellence against Hunger located in Brazil was launched in November 2011 and has been created as international centre of excellence. The Centre is a partnership between WFP and the Brazilian government, and its aim is to promote south to south cooperation, and provide support to governments in Africa, Asia and Latin America in capacity development in the areas of School Feeding, Nutrition and Food Security.
The Centre is an innovation that seeks to respond government demands for technical support to strengthen their national capacities and knowledge on sustainable school feeding and to support them in the design and management of healthy and sustainable national school feeding and other hunger programmes.
At WFP Brazil, we are looking for talented professionals to support Procurement team in Brasilia. As Procurement Admin Assistant, you will work under the general supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, and reports directly to the Procurement Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accountabilities: The Procurement Admin Assistant will carry various tasks pertaining to Procurement and Administration. Within delegated authority, you will be responsible for the following duties:
In accordance with respective WFPmanuals, rules and regulations, provide effective support to the supervisor on procurement and administration activities, such as:
- Review and evaluate incoming supply requisitions and requests to ensure quality and adequacy of information, specifications, appropriateness of requests, quantities, delivery dates, budgets and guide and support on purchase requisitions;
- Organize supply/procurement processes files and prepare supporting documents to the Procurement Authority/Contract Review Committee;
- Draft and prepare tender invitations;
- Draft and prepare Purchase Orders on the system;
- Assist with all relevant information for adequate PR and Micro Purchase Order arrangements with Requesting Unit;
- Pro-actively follow up on placed orders (contracts & POs) and deliveries with all parties concerned to ensure timely delivery of goods and services. Transmit all relevant information to requesting officer including changes to planned deliveries. Prepare and provide timely and regular status / monitoring reports to Procurement Authority;
- Contribute to the regular review of business processes and standard operating procedures of office procurement procedures;
- Prepare evaluation of suppliers with respect to delivery performance and commercial acceptability.
- Ensure effective arrangements for shipments and receipt of office supplies and equipment, including customs clearance;
- Support the coordination of events, workshops and seminars, and coordinate related logistic matters;
- Assist in the establishment of the Procurement Review Committee and prepare/schedule meetings, regular and ad hoc, whenever needed;
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders to assure that procurement procedures are duly followed;
- Backstop colleagues in Procurement Unit and perform other related duties as required.
In accordance with WFP administration and financial rules and regulations, provide effective support to the supervisor on administration activities, such as:
- Prepare trip documents in ERP system, make travel and events arrangements to support travel for the staff, study visits and other events.
- Check the provision of a range of travel services, relevant training and updates on related travel platforms and system, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of safe travel arrangements according to rules and regulations.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of travel arrangements.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
- Maintain updated database of users in the Travel Agency system. Consult and generate period report for the office management.
- Act as a Vendor focal point for Companies and Individuals when allowed.
- Support travellers and staff with Visa and Protocol arrangements.
- Review contracts and agreements within administration framework.
- Alternate focal point for administration-related systems (inventory, fleet, we-travel, UN booking Hub etc).
- Participate in Operations Management Team-OMT’s working groups as required.
- Work in close collaboration with Finance and backstop colleagues in the Operations Unit performing other related duties as required.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of Procurement and Administration support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
University degree in business administration or other related fields. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional areas is desirable and considered as an advantage.
Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work administrative experience related to the activities mentioned, including at least one year in the field of Procurement.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in Portuguese and English, including ability to draft written correspondence in these languages. Fluency in Spanish and/or French is considered an asset.
Previous experience with ERPs and proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and Power) Point. Knowledge and practical use of SAP is an advantage.
The candidate must have Brazilian Nationality or be legally authorized to work in the country.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Internal Controls & Compliance
Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP's critical activities.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting
Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.
Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions
Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Step 1 - Go to: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings - Register and create your online CV.
Step 2 – Click on – Business Support Assistant - Procurement Admin - Apply to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
WFP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.