Job Overview: The Volunteer Coordinator supports all of IRC’s programs by recruiting and training volunteers and interns, coordinating donations of clothing and goods from community members and their distribution to clients, managing social media and online communications strategies, and implementing community outreach and donor cultivation activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with program staff, create and maintain accurate, up-to-date position descriptions for all volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and match volunteers and interns with appropriate service opportunities, in accordance with IRC national volunteer guidelines.
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers and interns throughout their service period.
- Record and report all volunteer time and keep accurate, appropriately documented electronic and paper records of service time.
- Maintain individual files on all volunteer and intern staff, ensuring required documentation is complete, accurate and on file.
- Recognize volunteers and their service through events and communications.
- Serve as the staff contact for university internship programs.
- Coordinate donation drives and donations from individuals and ensure that all in-kind contributions are properly receipted, inventoried, and stored.
- Coordinate and record the distribution of in-kind donations.
- Generate and submit accurate and timely reports of all in-kind donations to the Finance Manager and send acknowledgements to in-kind donors, according to IRC policies and procedures.
- Oversee donation store ensuring it is a well-stocked, organized, and clean space for clients.
- Manage IRC car donation program, liaising with potential donors and ensuring that all required documentation requirements are met.
- Assist in planning and executing special events and outreach activities.
- Coordinate support of Do-it-Yourself fundraising and other special volunteer and in-kind giving events with community and civic groups.
- Ensure that the local IRC webpage is updated, and that there is a consistent presence on social media platforms.
- Enter donations into Salesforce; generate reports as needed to analyze donor data.
- Represent IRC at volunteer and career fairs and other community outreach opportunities.
- Assist in the coordination of activities with key groups of community supporters.
- Manage the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and protocols of the agency.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
· 2-3 years of related professional experience. Minimum one year of demonstrated success in managing volunteer programs strongly preferred. Event planning and coordination experience and/or resource development experience a strong plus.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Proven, superior organizational skills in a complex, multi-tasking environment and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with current and prospective donors and volunteers, partner agencies, multi-cultural clients and colleagues on all levels.
- Superior writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time in the community to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- Will require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.