Human Resources Manager
LocationField position based in Amman, Jordan.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 3 months.
The Human Resources Manager works as an important member of a diverse, multi-cultural team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care, the HR Manager will support the Medair country programme in Jordan during a time of transition in the HR department, ensuring programme human resource and administration needs are met.
In Jordan, approximately 85% of Syrian refugees are living in host communities and informal tented settlements where they are renting accommodation and trying to survive without the level of services offered in formal camp settings. Medair is working to help support host communities and refugee families who are not living in camps through health, social protection, and psychosocial support programmes to meet essential needs of the most vulnerable.
Key Activity Areas
- Manage the HR department through a time of staffing gaps and transition
- Evaluate the current HR department structure, recruiting/training additional staff, as needed
- Provide sound technical HR knowledge and guidance in line with Jordanian Labour Law
- Lead in the development and completion of several policies and procedures
- Identify areas of continued HR process improvements, proposing recommendations
- Finalisation of a revised salary scale and analysis of impact.
- Finalisation of two to three policies in development.
- Provision of recommendations for effectively communicating and implementing policy and salary changes to senior and extended management teams.
- Review of current recruitment practices and recommendations for improvement.
- Continued operational running of HR department amidst staffing gaps.
- Proposed HR department structure, staffing, and RACI matrix.
- Support in the hiring and transition of an HR Manager.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or in a relevant technical field.
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language (speaking and writing).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- At least five years of experience in HR, with three years in a management role, preferably with Medair.
- Successful completion of Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC).
- Demonstrated experience in conducting salary and benefits analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and implementing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-cultural environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of HR Management.
- High level of influencing skills with proven ability to establish credibility at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to best practice.
All new deploying international staff to Medair’s country programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence.