Diploma - Catering
Hotel managementTo manage the food services operations.
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of a Senior Officer - Catering Services for managing the entire Food services team. He will be responsible for Planning, administering and supervising catering operations and service. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to the Senior Manager – Housing and Food Services.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org
- Plan, forecast and execute for the food and beverage department
- Monitor the food quality and service at all operational areas
- To ensure high quality and best services are provided with high standards of hygiene
- Evaluate the daily operations with available resources, infrastructure, and equipment’s by following kitchen safety guidelines
- Checking the production and service logs for better controls Adapting latest market trends with integrated software solutions for sustainable operations
- Monitoring sales and coordinating with cashiers and Finance department
- Focuses on institute mandate and works dynamically for its mission under present environmental conditions
- Stakeholder management and focus on improving the business operations and getting the jobs done with high performance to meet the required activities of the day
- Instructions from Senior Manager and implementing the day's activities, type of food preparations, arrangements and delivery
- Communicating the day's activities to the staff in detail to carry out successfully at different operational areas
- Manage to upkeep of the kitchen equipment’s, cold storage including deep freezer maintenance etc.,
- Assess diversified menus and recipes for all clients as well as for special dietary requirements consistently to effectively align deliverables as per changing demands
- Upgrading the skills as and when required as per the market trends
- Identify the training needs of staff and train them accordingly
- Monitor local, national and international best practices/trends in Service, technology in food and beverage (F&B) and institutional catering
- To provide continuous delivery of quality services, incorporates adjustments due to changing operational demands
- Manage and evaluate the staff assignments as per the required schedules
- Monitoring and controlling the materials for food production and service areas as per the specifications.
- Follow food and safety regulations.
- Managing the food costs and reducing wastage with innovative strategies.
- Appraise performance of all staff in Food Services
·Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management with minimum of 10 years of experience in Hotel industry. The candidate must be an expert handling the operations in food and beverage industry with at least 5 years of management experience.
·Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
·Strong organizational and time management skills and good decision making skills
·Ability to manage in a diverse multicultural environment and teams with a focus on client and customer services.
·Good business and commercial acumen
·Mastery in delegating the tasks
·Ability to meet strict deadlines
This is a contractual position for a period of 36 months (3 years’).
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 01 June 2022, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer