Business Development and Grants Advisor - Consultancy
A USAID business development opportunity is expected for Jordan on June 15, 2022 and will address system strengthening to improve GBV response systems across social support, health, legal and security sectors. Significant design work has already taken place in country, however due to staff changes, the IRC is looking for a technical lead to support the consortia through the final stages of the design. Support and guidance will be provided by the IRC’s Violence Prevention and Response Unit’s (VPRU) Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) technical team, including the WPE Senior Technical Advisor and WPE Technical Advisor for the Middle East, as well as the Awards Management Unit (AMU) business development leads, and Jordan country team. The VPRU WPE technical team will lead onboarding and orientation, as well as technical supervision during the consultancy. The consultant will work closely with IRC Jordan and consortia partners to design a GBV multi-sectoral system strengthening approach which responds to the USAID funding opportunity.
The Position will:
- Provide WPE technical support to a business development participatory design process with pre-identified partners.
- Travel to Amman, Jordan in mid/late June to cofacilitate a program design workshop for the IRC country team and partners.
- Update the existing ToC, results framework, work plan to reflect design work with partners and the focus of the USAID opportunity.
- Provide guidance to the grant writer to complete the IRC sections of the narrative and review and strengthen the narrative prepared by the grant writer.
- Engage in participatory design discussions the Technical Advisors for WPE, Child Protection, Protection Rule of Law, Health and Governance and review and address their inputs solicited by AMU Business Development leads.
- Support the timely submission of a quality WPE program design for funding by USAID.
Candidates should submit their CV and letter of interest for this consultancy outlining their relevant experience. Please include availability to travel to Jordan in June for a design workshop. Please apply by May 21, 2022. Suitable candidates will be contacted for interview.