Human Resources Consultant (Talent Acquisition and Sourcing)
The Human resources Talent Acquisition and Sourcing (recruitment) position is open only to WFP staff or candidates who has HR work experience
Duty Station: East Jerusalem
Work Modality: flexible/ Mix (Remote and in the Duty station)
Duration: 6 months (to start as soon as possible)
Grade level: CST LEVL I
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Palestine CO started the Organization Alignment exercise with the RBC support in November 2021. The objective of the CO organizational alignment is to review and optimize a structure focusing on the Country Office Strategic Plan as well as to identify opportunities for long-term skill and talent solutions. The exercise resulted in reviewing 116 Positions among them 53 positions affected (including change in the contract and or change in grade and creating new positions). The changes will be made through a competitive recruitment process by advertising the positions internally and externally.
Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of HR Officer, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They support the collation, maintenance, analysis and reporting of information to maximize the effectiveness of HR services.
To support the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities mainly:
Engagement Plan and Reporting
- Support HR operational activities resulting from the Organizational Alignment following standard processes and ensuring alignment with WFP policies.
- Respond to all types of recruitment activities ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems, and tools are available and correctly applied to support them and applying the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in place in the Country office.
- Ensuring the delegation of authority is applied correctly for decisions related to the implementation of the organizational realignment.
- Carry out the implementation plan and ensure effective planning, prioritization and synchronization of all alignment actions related to the organizational structure determining the recruitment waves ensuring smooth and gradual implementation.
- Track recruitments and provide a biweekly recruitment report keeping staff and managers informed of the timelines/deadlines for each selection
- Develop communication plan in line with the org alignment principles and objectives to provide updates on the recruitment progress to staff, Heads of Unit and CO Management.
organize development solutions that equip staff with the skills and knowledge required to meet job requirements and support staff capability building to strengthen CV writing, interviews, employability
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Follow up on the Terms of Reference for positions to be advertised ensuring they are designed in alignment to CO operational requirements.
- Create and post the VA in the E-recruitment system
- Screening and longlisting applicants against minimum requirements
- Ensure timely completion of the shortlist by the Head of Units / hiring managers
- Take the lead and ensure timely preparation and presentation of the necessary documentation for the assessments and interviews
- Facilitate and review panel meetings and document deliberations and recommendation for onward submission to Local Appointment Committee.
- Facilitate LAPC or Roster Validation panel meetings and present documentations to examine the review panel’s recommendations. Ensure timely preparation of full documentation.
- Maintain Local Rosters of qualified candidates to be considered for future upscaling.
- Conduct reference check for selected candidates ensuring document’s validation and medical clearance.
- Maintain statistics and timelines for recruitment cases assigned, support the team with quarterly statistics, unit workplan and documentation preparation for audit and risk management.
11 Drawing conclusions and lessons learned from the first round to be considered for the following recruitment phases.Ensure confidential storage of sensitive information and safe keeping of required documents and correspondence as per guidelines.
12 Support WFP’s gender, diversity and inclusion strategy
13 Contribute to an effective and cohesive work environment within the HR team
14 Any other related duties in line with role and level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically 5 or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development, sourcing and recruitment
Knowledge & Skills:
• Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
• Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic is preferable
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques, and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
Good analytical ability to compile, maintain and analyse data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work
skills in developing sources for data collection.
Good communication skills are required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
Dynamic, versatile, and flexible working behaviour
Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Extensive experience in recruitment process and policies of WFP
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
23 May 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.