Tally Assistant, SC2
JOB TITLE: Tally Assistant
Number of openings: 02
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Post holder reports to: Sr. Logistics Associate
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Duty Station (City, Country): Monrovia, Liberia
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
Our response to emergencies - saving lives and livelihoods either through direct assistance or by strengthening country capacities – remains at the heart of our operations, especially as humanitarian needs become increasingly complex and protracted, such as those brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT & BACKGROUND OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Assisting almost 100 million people in 83 countries each year, WFP is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP’s response to emergencies - saving lives and livelihoods either through direct assistance, or by strengthening country capacities – remains at the heart of its operations, especially as humanitarian needs become increasingly complex and protracted, such as those brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Global Fund is a major investor in the health sector in Liberia and will be taking over the responsibility involving medicines and other health products delivery in support of the Ministry of Health in Liberia. The Global Fund identified WFP as the supply chain partner for the role of 4PL and the provision of long haul and last-mile transport services of medicines and health supplies across the country in support of the Ministry of Health of Liberia.
WFP is in charge of overseeing and managing the long-haul transport and last-mile delivery of pharmaceutical products in support of the Ministry of Health’s in-country health supply chain and will support any related capacity strengthening initiatives with a view to meeting the project objectives and all aspects of the scope of work. The Tally Assistant will report to the WFP Sr. Logistics Associate.
- Obtain authorization from the Logistics Assistant for the execution of loading for
delivery of medicines and other health products;
- Verify the number and content of packages against the information on the loading
authorizations received by WFP;
- Verify the types of products and quantities loaded on trucks for delivery to
- Scrupulously ensure the tallying of items during loading and unloading;
- Closely monitor the handling team during operations in collaboration with the handling company;
- Ensure the correct handling of products during loading and unloading to prevent damage to the products;
- Check the conditions of the truck before loading to ensure that minimum requirements are meant to keep medicines and other health products in good condition during transportation
- Report any anomaly noted to the direct supervisor who will follow up with the other supervisors;
- Perform other related functions as required.
- Three or more years of progressive work experience in a relevant field of work
- Experience in conducting basic Logistics activities
- Completion of secondary school education with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Excellent knowledge of English
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday, 27 May 2022
All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.