Workforce Education Specialist
Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Career Development Coordinator, the Education Specialist will work with the Workforce Development team through an integrated approach to help refugees learn new concepts, adapt to US workforce norms and expectations, and thrive financially in the U.S. This role will be responsible for coordinating, tracking, and teaching or overseeing instruction of classes such as Advanced Work Readiness, Financial Literacy Computer Literacy, and Supplementary workshops. The Specialist will oversee a team of volunteers and interns to support implementing specific programs and working with clients to build essential skills and increase financial capabilities, while tracking progress towards outcomes and working collaboratively with other staff.
Advanced Work Readiness Training
· Implement and conduct training courses that include resume development, interviewing skills, cultural and workplace orientation, and career-specific job skills development sessions
· Design, coordinate, and implement supplemental workshops on subjects relevant to workforce development for refugee clients
· Assist in the development and implementation of monthly trainings for all employment clients. Examples include employer led trainings, lessons on applying for specific opportunities, attaining driver’s licenses, accessing childcare, and tours of local colleges and universities
· Manage Zoom accounts and schedules to ensure students can engage in program offerings virtually
· Keep accurate attendance records and client pre- and post-assessments, including data entry
· Onboard and train volunteers and interns to teach Advanced Work Readiness Training successfully both virtually and in-person
· Coordinate with community partners and employers to consistently update Advanced Work Readiness Training in each sector offered including IT, Healthcare, Building Trades, Early Childhood Education, and Finance
· Provide regular client updates to staff members including each client’s career development specialist
· Coordinate with the career development team to provide training updates during weekly meetings
· Use ETO and any other funder required databases to track client services, outcomes, and metrics
· Monitor and adhere to the program budget throughout the project duration
· Participate in all-staff/ program meetings
· Other related duties as assigned
· Undergraduate degree (or 2+ years of relevant work experience) in Teaching, Business, or Social Work
· Demonstrated relevant work experience in teaching multi-cultural populations on relevant topics
· Prior knowledge or work experience in finance, building trades, healthcare, IT, and early childhood education a plus
· Knowledge and experience with an array of workforce and financial topics, including job readiness training and financial capabilities curriculums
· Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds strongly preferred
· Dari/Farsi language skills a plus
· Extensive experience in presenting, teaching, and leading training workshops
· Attention to detail and ability to efficiently and accurately organize, track, and communicate information.
· Commitment to teamwork and collaboration across all IRC programs
· Highly motivated with an ability to work independently, develop new classes and programming, and be a self-starter, maintaining responsibility for multiple tasks
· Hybrid remote and in-person work environment
· Reoccurring need to provide services outside of traditional work hours (evenings and weekends).
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.