IRC together with its two international NGO partners is ready to start a three years multi sector consortium project with financial support of Bureau of Population Refugee and Migration (BPRM) to deliver Health, Nutrition and Livelihood, and Protection services for Rohingya Refugees and vulnerable host communities in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The project aims to directly benefit over 310,000 people while over 271,000 people are expected to be benefitted indirectly over a period of three years.
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Director Program, the consortium coordinator will be responsible for ensuring well-coordinated, consistent and quality implementation of the BPRM funded consortium project adhering to IRC, donor and GoB compliances. Consortium Coordinator will be accountable for the overall achievement of the contractual objectives (timeframe, targets/indicators, and budget) of the projects and for monitoring that the activities are implemented accordingly by the respective consortium partners. With the support of the technical and support staff from all partners, this position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an integrated vision among partners while being accountable for delivery on project objectives, targets, time, and budget ensuring alignments and cost effectiveness. The position will serve as the key liaison and focal point with relevant stakeholders and will facilitate the collaborative partnership between them and the consortiums partners.
Strategic Planning and Leadership:
· Act as a part of the Consortium Steering Committee (SC) responsible to present the critical analysis and information and recommendations on strategic, operational and financial matters and support in decision making by IRC management and SC
- Work with and supervise the overall project implementation across all consortium members, to ensure the technical and geographical coherence of the project
- Supervise the overall management of the project financial resources, with the support of concerned departments of consortium lead and partners
- Under the strategic guidance of consortium lead and SC, participate in meetings with donor to share project progress updates and support in decision making on various programmatic and operational issues of concern
- Take the overall lead in facilitating and compiling project planning in coordination with consortium members
- Lead on the overall programmatic, logistic & financial management of the project, including the identification of risks and obstacles, to ensure donor compliance in terms of project deliverables & eligibility criteria
- With the support of the technical specialists, develop specific strategies for cross-cutting themes (gender, diversity & inclusion, protection, and advocacy) for the consortium project
- Lead on the contractual reporting (narrative and financial) in coordination with consortium members.
- Monitor the proper financial management and forecast of budget lines across the consortium, in coordination with the finance departments
- Undertake regular monitoring of activities, including field visits and regular consortium meetings
- Lead on the set up and implementation of efficient coordination and communication mechanisms between consortium team members, including project kick off meeting, regular technical review meetings and project close-out meetings
· Lead on the set up of systems, TORs, SOPs and tools in place across the consortium to promote and facilitate, collaborative ways of working (including cross learning and sharing), programmatic alliances, consistency in implementation and value for money
- provide leadership in different working groups establish under the consortium arrangement including M&E Working Group, Finance Working group etc.
External Coordination and Advocacy:
- Represent the consortium with the Donor, sub national and national level coordination platforms, Technical Working Groups, UN Agencies and government Authorities meetings, when needed and in coordination with consortium lead
- Coordinate with advocacy lead of consortium lead and partners and feed into in-country and international advocacy initiatives through regular contextual analysis and evidences from the project implementation
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL):
- Supervise consortium MEAL Manager and ensure a robust MEAL working group at consortium level
- Take lead on the Consortium Project Quality, undertake consortium program reviews to ensure the technical coordination and the quality of the project across the consortium
- Lead on the elaboration, implementation and revision of an effective MEAL plan and monitoring and clients’ feedback systems throughout the project, in coordination with the Consortium MEAL working group
- Lead on the relevance and quality of monitoring reports, analysis and data trends, including recommendations produced by the Consortium MEAL working group
- Promote cross learning and sharing across all consortium partners; produce high quality communication material for external dissemination
- Direct supervision of Consortium MEAL Manager, management in partnership of Consortium Finance Manager, ensure performance management of direct reports as per IRC’s standard policy and procedures
- Promote and ensure effective implementation of IRC way, harassment free work place policy and safeguarding policy (IRC team as well as partners)