Intensive Case Management Caseworker
Job Overview: The Intensive Case Management (ICM) Health Caseworker will address barriers to health and wellness for especially vulnerable clients. The ICM Health Caseworker will be expected to provide strengths-based, client-centered case management, regarding client’s identified health concerns, to single-headed refugee households; survivors of domestic violence and gender-based violence; older refugees; youth and young adults without parents or permanent guardians; refugees experiencing mental health or psychological difficulties; refugees with physical disabilities or medical conditions; unanticipated refugee arrivals and secondary migrants; and refugees who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ). They work closely with clients, colleagues, and external parties to develop service plans to meet individual client healthcare needs and improve access to healthcare and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Collaborate closely with the ICM team to identify healthcare needs and coordinate services for vulnerable clients.
· Assist clients in navigating healthcare systems by supporting health plan and service provider selection. Assist clients in selecting healthcare providers and help schedule initial appointments. Ensure each client is comfortable with contacting their specialist and with scheduling their own appointments moving forward.
· Conduct regular outreach to healthcare providers and social service agencies to address health needs and identify resources. Advocate on behalf of clients who are having difficulty accessing services.
· Develop and distribute healthcare guides tailored to each client. Provide clients with extended orientation on a variety of topics regarding health such as women’s health, specialized treatment for people with physical disabilities, and navigating physical healthcare systems at the local level.
· Respond to client health-related crises, with guidance from supervisor as needed.
· Maintain up-to-date documentation in client’s case file to ensure services are properly documented throughout the client’s service period; document all services provided in IRC’s database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
· Attend relevant trainings and meetings at the local and national level.
· May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, or related field of study preferred.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of case management experience with similar populations and/or client needs required.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Fluent in English required, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group preferred, including Dari/Pashto.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.