Technical Analyst (Digital Health Information) (NPSA8)
UNDP Indonesia Country Programme 2021-2025 was developed in partnership with the Government of Indonesia which supports national efforts to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, in particular SDG indicator 3.8.1 relating to the coverage of essential health services. The programme contributes directly to RPJMN 2020-2024 and aims at improving access and quality of health services as part of accelerating the progress towards universal health coverage. COVID-19 has spread globally and the Indonesian government, since the first positive case was announced in early March 2020, has been implementing emergency measure to respond to the rapid spread of Corona virus, namely through the Large-Scale of Social Restriction (Pembatasan Sosial Berskala Besar/PSBB). In early 2021, PSBB focuses on Java and Bali. In addition to implementing preventive measure through social distancing, mask wearing, frequent hand washing and provision of treatment and healthcare to COVID-19 patients, the Indonesian government has begun preparing for the roll out the COVID-19 vaccination program since the last quarter of 2020. A total 3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have already reached Indonesia since December 2020 and another 100 million doses are expected to arrive in 2021. The government with support from UNDP, has leveraged as existing digital management system for vaccines (SMILE) to introduce a specifically form managing the logistic COVID-19 vaccines an tracking.
Working with government counterparts, professional associations, and civil society organizations, UNDP has been deeply involved in delivering a comprehensive response to COVID-19 in Indonesia since March 2020. Key capacities support by UNDP include health system strengthening, stakeholder’s coordination, socio-economic support, and improving the management of big data. Under UNDP Health Governance Cluster, the initiative leverages on UNDP’s expertise in collaboration platform, procurement service for health equipment, supply chain management system, and medical waste management.
Considering the COVID-19 pandemic that will continue in 2021, the Cluster will continue to implement the COVID-19 response project which consists of health system digitalization as innovative solution and partnerships for improved and sustained COVID-19 response.
The main outcome for this STRATEGIC Project is to improve access and delivery of essential health services for COVID-19 response by strengthening governance, particularly COVID-19 Response and Economic Recovery Committee, and management of integrated one data system of the health system.
The outputs for this Project are as follows:
To assist the Ministry of Health in the implementation of national health system digitalization and transformation agenda which positively impacts the coverage and sustainability of services delivery and the health system that may include:
- Strengthening of Electronic Logistic Information System for COVID-19 Vaccines, Routine Immunization Program, Drug and Health Logistics.
- Improvement of Logistics Management Information system for COVID-19 Medical Supplies and medical waste management monitoring system.
- Handing over the system to the Government of Indonesia (the Ministry of Health) once it is Ready
Resource Mobilization : Identify organization’s strengths and valued results, creating and implementing strategic plan to seek out diversified sources of future funding. This may include communicating and prospecting relevant donor that their visions are match with project’s goals.
Under the supervision of the Technical Specialist SMILE, Technical Analyst Digital Health Information supports management of the SMILE project and COVID-19 response portfolio. The main role is to provide key guidance to project personnel and other relevant stakeholders, support services for projects under his/her portfolio while ensuring quality of project outputs are delivered – in line with the agreed result country programme and in compliance with GoI and UNDP procedure. The incumbent also will support to the new partnerships with development partners and the private sector to strengthen the Health Governance project, while ( in some cases ) also managing including project assurance, knowledge management, and providing technical assistance to project when required and overall monitoring and other relevant operational issues
The Technical Analyst Digital Health Information supervise project team and work in close collaboration with programme, operations in the CO, technical advisors, experts, Government officials, and other relevant stakeholders to successfully implement the UNDP project/programme.
Ensures implementation of project strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Effective monitoring of project trends, including delivery of projects outputs against usage of project resources.
- Thorough analysis on contribution of project outputs toward achievement of outcome level results within the context of the political, social and economic situation in the country.
- Active participation in various policy and partnership, as well as relevant international conferences and meetings on health area to keep abreast of the sector and facilitate programme development.
- Effective support to the Project Manager in identifying new health programme, Covid-19 response, ideas through consultation with the Government, other donors, UN agencies and NGOs.
- Ensures gender-related economic, environmental, public research and analysis, to contribute to the formulation of policies, programme interventions, procedures, guidelines and tools.
Participates in effective management of the project focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the projects, achieving the following results:
- Timely regular project board sessions to review progress against deliverables.
- Provision of input and support to the regular internal project assurance monitoring (IPAR), identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Preparation of inputs for project reporting, including donor reporting and risk management.
- To make sure implementation of gender equality accountability framework and Gender equality Results Based management at project level i.e. performance management, gender marker assignment in web based system ATLAS, reporting, etc.
Maintain partnerships for project implementation with implementing partners focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Regular assessment on the implementing partner’s capacity and ensure that capacity development strategy is embedded within the framework of the project implementation.
- Established and maintenance of link of communication between Project Management Units in the implementing partner and the country office for provision effective support and assurance.
- Effective support and facilitation on wider partnership with project stakeholders to encourage coordination and synergies between various actors and thus ensure more impactful results.
- Promotion of stakeholder awareness on project activities and results to support partnership and resource mobilization for future project implementation, replication and up-scaling.
- Support and facilitate the process of handover of SMILE system to Ministry of Health
Provides top quality support services to the nationally implemented projects focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitation the development of annual workplan, including detail plans for procurement, recruitments and other country office support services in collaboration with the project management units.
- Effective support to the project management units in identifying the appropriate modalities for acquiring inputs for project activities (e.g. recruitment & procurement modalities).
- Effective organization and facilitation of training for projects staff as necessary on UNDP operational issues.
- Conducts internal capacity building training for project staff to facilitate appropriate management and timely delivery of project outputs including in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming.
Facilitation of knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge fertilization focusing on the following results :
- Supports the knowledge management of the SMILE project and portfolios
- Identify and communicate with prospective donors for project’s future funding
- Identification of entry points for knowledge generations and knowledge sharing from project experience;
- Effective contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to project and programme country policy goals
- Provision of support to the information sharing event and dialogue within the donor community by initiating and/or participating in consultative meetings that will address the issues and needs in collaboration with key partners.
- Maintenance of established advocacy networks which are linked to international networks and proposed for expansion of network to the Project Manager, thus relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns are implemented with key partners.
- Effective support to the establishment of showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered.
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on various issues.
- Professional growth through active learning.
- Conducts internal capacity building training for project staff to facilitate appropriate management and timely delivery of project outputs including in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Effective contribution to the network for gender mainstreaming learning and knowledge sharing
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
People Management: UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
2030 Agenda: People
- Health: COVID-19
- Health Emergencies: Health
- Gender Issues and Analysis: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Results Based Management: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Project management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Partnership management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies. Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of UNDP
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Medical, pharmaceutical, Health Economic, Epidemiology, Public Policy, or related field. Master Degree in the relevant areas would be preferable
- Minimum 2 years for Bachelor’s Degree of relevant hands-on experience in digitalization project including design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments; No experience is required for candidate with Master degree.
- Solid networking capacity
- Excellent analytical skill
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills.
- Solid skill in providing project advisory services, monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under minimal supervision;
- Good skills in organization and management;
- Excellent skill in using computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages,
- Experience including analytical work, project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting, in the areas of digital health programme and emergency response.
- Experience working with the Ministry, private sector, CSO, universities
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), data analysis (Stata, EViews, SPSS, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web based management systems
- Experience working in UNDP/UN agencies
- Experience handling of web-based management systems will be an advantage
- Fluency (both oral and written) in English