Principal Consultant, Health Systems Financing
Abuja | London | Nairobi | Washington D.C.
We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Options is seeking a Principal Consultant to provide technical and strategic support on health systems financing across Options’ programmes. You will have a strong track-record of providing technical assistance, working with local partners to strengthen health financing skills and processes using a systems lens. You will contribute to delivery of Options’ Strategy through technical leadership of proposals and external engagement.
The Principal Consultant - Health Systems Financing will provide technical support on health financing and systems strengthening across Options’ portfolio of programmes in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). You will be able to appreciate the complexities of and dynamic interactions within health systems including the political context in which they function. Through a combination of backstopping support to programme teams and direct technical delivery, you will support the design, implementation and monitoring of health financing approaches to support achievement of universal health coverage.
- An MSc in public health, health financing, health economics or relevant field.
- A health systems specialist with significant experience of delivering technical work on health financing across Africa and/or Asia.
- Good understanding of public financial management and its role in strengthening health service delivery in developing countries.
- Substantial experience of providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes.
- Substantial experience of leading technical design of programmes, including the development of theories of changes and results frameworks.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance. For more details please contact HR at [email protected] for country specific benefits.
- To apply, please fill in the form here: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/options/jobs/principal_consultant_health_systems_financing_23828/en/
- Closing date for applications is: 31 July 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
Candidates require a valid work permit in the UK, US, Nigeria or Kenya.