Partnership Assistant - El Salvador / Honduras / Guatemala
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of work:
Based in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, the Partnerships Assistant (PA) will provide support for the grants unit for Northern Central America (NCA) country programs. Reporting to the Partnership Officer the PA will work closely with programs, finance, and administration to coordinate IRC´s ongoing partnerships, grant monitoring and reporting.
Partnership Management Support:
- Act as the IRC NCA focal point and main contact for partnerships, communicating information with the team and escalating questions or concerns as needed.
- Support the management of sub-awards in line with the IRC Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) requirements, including partner identification, partner due diligence and partner’s project capacity review, agreement, and budget reviews, coordinating timely OTIS approvals and T7 (finance coding) requests.
- Support the Partnerships and Grants team with facilitation and coordination of all partnership management processes to ensure well planned, timely, coordinated, and coherent partnership management.
- Support the Partnerships and Grants team to ensure timely and effective partner program, finance, and compliance review and reflection (monitoring).
- Support the Partnerships and Grants team to ensure partners project support plans are implemented in line with agreements.
- In collaboration with the Programs team, track sub-award partners’ deliverables and ensure that partners’ contractual reports are reviewed, and feedback is provided.
- Maintain complete and organized partnership files for each partner.
- Process sub-award modifications in a timely manner ensuring that relevant IRC units provide their inputs and approve the modification.
- Coordinate and facilitate partnership opening, review and closing meetings with partners and IRC teams to ensure that partner projects are implemented according to the work plan and log frame approved by the donor
- Procure signatures on partnership agreements, amendments, and other required documents.
- Support the Partnerships and Grants team to ensure the smooth close out of partner projects, as applicable.
- Coordinate the review and approvals partnership agreements, amendments and reports with the region and/or relevant IRC HQ functions, ensuring approvals are tracked on OTIS
- Coordinate grants and partnership information between all teams at IRC NCA including Finance, Programs, and SMT
- Maintain a strong relationship with the regional program support team, ensuring key communication is recorded and socialized within the team
- Liaise with technical units and other HQ support departments, as needed.
- Provide back-up support for the Grants and Partnerships team as required.
- Assist with the organization and note taking of meetings and events, as required.
- Support the coordination of proposal submissions, as requested.
- Assist in roll-out of IRC initiatives, as requested.
- Participate in special projects as needed.