Regional ERP Deployment Lead - West Africa/Great Lakes
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision, along with information technology infrastructure and applications initiatives and key processes that will deliver to the strategic objectives. The IRC is currently implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Management system across the Finance, Supply Chain and Grants Management functions in all IRC locations. Project Integra will retire a number of existing systems, bringing them into a cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment. Integra is the largest investment in systems that the IRC has ever made and will change the way we work.
The Deployment Lead is directly accountable for deployment of Integra to the country programs in an assigned wave, within the specified timeframe. The Integra Deployment Lead is the primary point of communication between Country offices, Regional Leadership and the NY HQ-based deployment team. The Deployment Lead will guide the offices and regional functional leads through the process of preparing for Integra deployment and executing the office-level deployment.
The Deployment Lead reports to the CRRD Deployment Director, and coordinates the activities of approximately 10 staff on the relevant deployment team. The successful candidate will have to develop extensive familiarity with IRC office and regional structures and business practices. They should demonstrate strong project management skills and have the ability to manage diverse, cross-functional teams across locations and time zones. The Integra Deployment Lead should be capable of identifying and escalating potential risks, comfortable with significant travel, and invested in training IRC-staff in new business processes and systems. As this role works with the IRCs French speaking offices, fluent French and English are required
· Lead assigned deployment waves with direct responsibility for implementing the ERP deployment to countries assigned within the agreed upon time frame
· Lead coordination and implementation of ERP pre-deployment activities to prepare offices for deployment
· Oversee assessment of required contextual adaptations to deployment approach and ensure Integra team is prepared to support country programs as necessary
· Manage a team of at least two team members including a trainer and a support specialist; majority of management will be remote management
· Focal point for communication with in-country Deployment Team
· Accountable for coordination of deployment activities with regional functional teams
· Lead deployment meetings and support trainings as necessary
· Lead reoccurring communication with offices to track deployment progress
· Communicate overall status to CRRD Deployment Director including regularly structured updates
· Early risk identification and escalation to Deployment Director
· Lead and coordinate on-site go-live activities
· Monitor and ensure support for regional post go-live issues
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: CRRD Deployment Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Country Program Leadership
· Integra Deployment Team
· Regional Functional Leads e.g. IT, SC, FIN, AMU
· Regional VP
· Knowledge of IRC structure and current state business processes, strong knowledge of CRRD offices preferable
· Demonstrated project management, organization and communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
· Ability to multi-task across multiple project timelines
· Experience in working with and managing cross-functional teams and processes
· Ability and willing to travel
· Ability to manage a team of diverse backgrounds remotely and across multiple time zones
· Must be a patient and good communicator who can function in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures, languages, and personal interests and agendas
· Solid organizational skills with a flexible work attitude. Able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment, able to work independently, and able to meet changing demands
· Good at role of facilitator and team player in solving problems
· Committed to staff training and development
· Fluency in English and French is required,
· Knowledge of the Integra project strongly considered;
- This position will based and/or working in a diverse range of IRC office environments.
- US and International travel as needed.