Integrated Service Delivery Officer
Port Louis | Le Port
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Support the development and implementation of national health policies, strategies and plans and health financing strategies / reform plans to increase coverage of health services, protection against financial risks and equity in Health. - Strengthen technical and institutional capacity, knowledge and information for strengthening health systems and services and related policy dialogue. - Strengthen national processes and, where appropriate, aid effectiveness in line with the principles of the International Health Partnership (IHP ).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Ensures sound management through Strategic positioning (Regional/National work plans) Communicates, and gains the commitment of team members to, a clear view of the desired vision that is within the blueprint and agenda of WHO global and regional frameworks. Translates these directions into actionable strategies, and prioritizes goals and projects to effectively support country implementation of their health plans and policies. Promotes and drives cross-sectorial work with health officials and non-health partners. Builds a competent team by securing the best resources, allotting learning opportunities, and providing on-going coaching and feedback. Sets clear performance expectations, delegates effectively, and monitors and measures progress against objectives;
- Conducts Networking, capacity building, builds partnerships and plays a strong advocacy/communication role. Actively secures opportunities to build partnerships across an extensive network of contacts, including donor partners and national focal points. Presents technical briefings to ensure accurate and consistent delivery of corporate messages and WHO advice by team and programme staff;
- Stays abreast of key health concerns and utilizes knowledge and expertise to systematically analyses issues, overcome obstacles and make key decisions that result in the effective application of technical support to Member States. Takes a Leading role in initiatives as well as innovations around research, forecasting and clinical studies. Engages in strategic level dialogue to influence national policy, and ensures consistency of policy advice from the team and programme staff;
- Plans, organizes and coordinates the organization's technical cooperation program in the Country in the area of Health Systems and Health Services;
- Participates in the formulation of policies, strategies, plans, objectives methodologies for program execution and evaluation, taking into account specific country needs and the goals / objectives that the Cluster and WCO aim to achieve;
- Provide technical and functional administrative guidance to the Head of WCO and assigned technical staff. Provides technical guidance to staff in the field. Provides inputs and reviews into the performance evaluations of all assigned staff.
- Coordinates and analyses the collection of technical and scientific knowledge related to their area of specialization and disseminates up to date knowledge and findings, including to the Regional Office, in order to meet the technical requirements of the region's WHO Representatives, as well as to the appropriate national institutions and partners;
- Coordinate the programming and execution of the Unit's activities along with those of other related areas of work in order to maximize resource utilization;
- To support the analysis of overall National health sector financing arrangements including national Health Account (NHA) and Financial Risk Protection to determine the key obstacles to progress towards UHC goals.
- To provide technical support to country for the implementation of National Action Plan for Anti-microbial-resistance (AMR).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the functional supervisors.
Essential: First university degree in Public Health, health systems/services administration, health management or health related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable:Postgraduate in public health, health systems/services administration, health management or health related field.
Essential: At least two (2) years national experience at a senior, scientific or technical level in major programs or activities related to health systems recovery and development, health services delivery in emergencies, extension of health care services to underserved populations/areas, and developing strategies to overcome barriers to accessing health care services, including essential medicines.
Desirable: Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in capacity building programme planning/development, project management, monitoring and evaluation. Experience with resource mobilization in emergency settings
- Sound knowledge in public administration reform.
- Proven skills in policy development, planning, monitoring and evaluating health systems.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological, technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners in health sector reform and public administration reform.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress in terms of process and results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Expert knowledge of Local Language.