Digital Access Specialist
The Digital Access Specialist will be responsible for ensuring clients have access to and understand how to connect internet aligning with IRC’s Digital Literacy Program. Collaborating with the Digital Literacy Specialist, this position supports development of the IRC Wichita digital literacy curriculum for clients of all abilities by incorporating a variety of technologies. In addition, the Digital Access Specialist will also provide clients one-on-one instruction of necessary applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office, and basic internet connection. This role will provide clients with culturally and linguistically competent direct literacy programs and services.
· Collaborate with IRC Wichita direct service staff to ensure the internet service is installed properly in clients’ residence
· give basic internet access instruction;
· Work in tandem with Wichita Public School personnel to register eligible refugee students an affordable internet service;
· Collaborate with Digital Literacy Specialist to engage in comprehensive digital asset mapping;
· Provide one-on-one training session of core digital skills and tools such as basic internet use, Zoom, Microsoft Office programs.
· Assist Digital Literacy Specialist in the design, development and implementation of additional training curricula and literacy programs, client assessments and data tracking in ETO;
· Maintain the computer lab and an inventory of information and technology equipment;
· Attend regularly scheduled meetings with other IRC staff and volunteers as part of the review, evaluation and program maintenance process;
· Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities;
· Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field strongly preferred; or mix of equivalent years of related work experience and education;
- Prior experience working with refugee, immigrant and low-income populations preferred;
· 1+ years’ experience with instruction/training, client counseling, case management, or coaching preferred;
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· High level of familiarity with digital literacy, inclusion, and access efforts required;
· High level of familiarity in using information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information;
- Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds preferred;
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and maintain responsibility for multiple tasks;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a high aptitude in making in-person and web-based presentations;
· Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.