Senior Program Support Coordinator (Grants, MEAL, Partnerships) - Beirut
Based in Beirut with occasional travel to the Field Offices in Zahle, Qobayat and Tripoli, the Senior Program Support Coordinator is responsible for the grants, MEAL and partnership units in IRC Lebanon, enabling effective cross sectors/departmental collaboration and leading on the rollout strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Programs, this position will work closely with program coordinators, finance and operations departments
Program Management to enable a coordinated, coherent system of planning, monitoring and oversight of implementation
- Review and promote understanding of, and adherence to, standardized grants planning, monitoring structures, partnerships management across IRC Lebanon departments in coordination with Grants, MEAL and Partnership Coordinators.
- Oversee and actively participate in the Project Cycle Meetings
- Ensure program planning and grants implementation is in line with the IRC strategy and best practices with a focus on spending status and progress against targets.
- Ensure consistent and structure meetings across all grants and programs and monitor action plans.
- Oversee the adherence to / development of clear processes and systems to ensure that:
- Key program data is systematically collected, analyzed and shared.
- Progress towards program deliverables is systematically tracked using key indicators.
- Organizational learning can be prioritized and used in program design and implementation (including re-
- design of long-term programs), as well as external communication and advocacy.
- Feedback from beneficiaries is strategically used to adapt programming and organizational policies were applicable.
- Coordinate with the Senior Project Support Manager, Finance, Grants and Partnership departments and support program coordinators to ensure sound budget development and spending oversight through the use of adequate financial management tools, including regular BVAs and spending plans review and updating.
- Facilitate and foster program integration among IRC sectors and with partners in line with programmatic needs and donor commitments.
- Ensure consistent collaboration with: Technical Units to ensure regular and consistent engagement with the County Program and provide technical oversight; with Field Management to ensure program implementation is collectively planned and coordinated; with Grants to ensure IRC program implementation and project management is compliant with IRC and donor regulations; with Partnership to ensure that projects implemented by partners are provided with the necessary support and collaborative problem solving to meet program deliverables; with M&E to ensure all issues related to low quality programing is addressed and data-driven decisions are taken and implemented by programs and partners; and operation departments as needed.
Strategic alignment and representation
- Monitor the implementation of the Country Program Strategic Action Plan (SAP), with a particular focus on the achievement of IRC Lebanon’ strategic objectives and ensure SAP reporting requirements are timely met.
- In collaboration with DDP and technical program coordinators, contribute to participatory and inclusive proposal design and development processes, ensuring that projects are data-driven and aligned with the IRC Lebanon SAP, IRC’s Global Strategy and IRC Theories of Change.
- Fulfill liaison or representation requirements to donors as the need arises and/or in the absence of regular donor focal points as assigned by line manager
- Lead on cross departmental / cross sector initiatives predominantly between MEAL, Grants and Partnership units and specific projects as needs are identified or as assigned by line manager
Oversee the IRC Lebanon Grants, Partnership and MEAL units and support business development
- Line manage and provide day to day support to the Grants, Partnership and MEAL Coordinators
- Oversee the IRC Lebanon Grants Unit to ensure timely & quality business development strategies, donor engagement strategies, proposal development, reporting to donors and management of contractual requirements.
- Support on business development opportunity identification; work closely with Grants Coordinator and HQ to ensure structured monitoring, research and analysis into donor strategies and share with relevant program staff, DDP and CD.
- Support the Grants Unit in the proposal development process and ensure timeliness and quality proposals are submitted.
- Support the Grants Unit on all grant modifications, with a focus on identifying and troubleshooting potential issues well in advance and on implementing appropriate solutions as necessary in coordination with the relevant Country Program and HQ focal points.
- Review major compliance issues on grants and contracts, contribute to identify and facilitate multi-sectoral and strategic project design meetings as assigned by line manager.
- Champion robust partner relationship management characterized by the core partnership principles from IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) of responsibility, results-oriented approach, equality, transparency and complementarity.
- Oversee the IRC Lebanon partnership unit to ensure partnerships are managed in holistic manner which balances programmatic objectives and compliance requirements and implement an overall framework for partner support and management across all sectors and determining tailored strategies for working with partners.
- Ensure appropriate proactive and reactive communications and engagement with IRC partners to implement sub-grant agreements and complete program deliverables through regularly scheduled partnership management meetings.
- Ensure partnerships are prioritized and project designs are held in coordination with partners.
- Ensure appropriate proactive and reactive communications and engagement with IRC partners to implement sub-grant agreements and complete program deliverables.
- Oversee the IRC Lebanon MEAL Unit to ensure program develops and meets its monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning commitments.
- Support MEAL and Programs in finalizing and documenting sector specific and country program ToCs and Master Log frames and ensure the teams are referring to them during program design and project review (through PCM meetings).
- Support MEAL and programs in using data to inform program design and adaptations by making sure Client Responses are reflected in all sector strategies and by taking forward relevant action plans.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach direct reports with the aim of strengthening their technical and management capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Supervise and mentor direct report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Identify capacity gaps within the team and work towards filling though the identification of capacity sharing opportunities.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Lead and model successful adherence to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Champion Staff and Clients safeguarding policies in the workplace at all levels.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Deputy Director for Programs
- Position directly supervises: Grants Coordinator, Partnership Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator, Senior Project Support Manager. As
- Indirect Reporting: N/A
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: IRC Lebanon Finance Department, IRC Lebanon HR Department, HQ and Regional grants/compliance teams, Program Coordinators, regional technical leads as relevant
- External: In-country donor counterparts, partners