Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst, TB
Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst, TB
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems. For more information, please visit http//www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality service, prevention, diagnostics, care, and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, vector borne diseases, nutrition, anaemia, pneumonia, diarrhoea, sexual and reproductive health, cancer, oxygen, COVID-19, AMR, immunization, disease surveillance, and safe drinking water.
Talent is the fundamental driver of WJCF’s success in helping save lives and reduce the burden of disease. WJCF’s organizational values reflect its relentless endeavour of hiring, nurturing, empowering, and celebrating diverse and high calibre individuals who come together to work as cohesive teams. WJCF places a high premium on providing its staff with an enabling environment that encourages entrepreneurship, humility, respect, equal share of voice and fosters high impact innovation to address some of the most challenging healthcare issues.
India has the highest burden of Tuberculosis (TB) globally, accounting for more than 26% of the global TB incidence in 2020 and 38% of the TB deaths among HIV negative and HIV positive people. Of the 2.6 million annual estimated incidence, more than half access diagnosis and care in the private sector. There are significant gaps across the care cascade because of diagnostic delays, irrational and non-standardized regimens and catastrophic health expenditure to patients. WJCF works to support multiple programs across the country to extend the quality of TB care to patients in both the public and the private sectors.
Differentiated TB care project focuses on reducing TB mortality in India and aims to operationalize the NTEP & NHM’s guidelines on differentiated care for TB in Ayushmann Bharat Health & Wellness centres (AB-HWCs) at the PHC & SHC level. This would include early screening, identifying severely ill patients, evaluating risk as required, and referring them to secondary/tertiary care facilities, thereby ultimately achieving timely intervention with an aim to reduce TB mortality. WJCF will be implementing the project in four geographies, namely, Srinagar (J&K), Durg (Chhattisgarh), Sikar (Rajasthan) and Muzaffarpur (Bihar), with four critical activities detailed below:
- Gap Assessment in terms of diagnostics, therapeutics, HR, infrastructure, and TB service delivery at HWCs, relative to operational guidelines for TB care
- Development and implementation of a unified, digitally compliant risk assessment tool for early identification of severely ill patients,
- Mapping of health facilities for enabling linkages to diagnostic/treatment/indoor services, which might not be available at AB-HWCs
- Build a comprehensive training module package on differentiated TB care and train Healthcare and Wellness staff, including ASHA, ANMs, and CHOs
The project will help create a Standardized Operating Procedure (SOP) based on the learnings and inform the NTEP’s scale-up plans at the national, state, district, and sub-district levels.
WJCF seeks a motivated individual who can provide strategic and analytical leadership to the project and support operations across the four districts. The ideal candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision, undertake tasks with meticulousness and precision, and drive the project’s objectives quickly and efficiently. The M&E Analyst will report directly to the Project Manager based in Delhi and be responsible for overseeing district-level operations, coordinating programmatic reviews, completing documentation, and communicating the same to the Project Manager and other stakeholders.
- Lead the design and development of implementation guidelines, processes, standard operating procedures, and monitoring protocol in alignment with overall project objectives
- Lead recruitment efforts at the district level and train District leads and Relationship Officers on project objectives, activities, data systems and monitoring processes
- In consultation with the project lead, design and deploy strategies for achieving overall project outcomes and milestones
- Support the district teams in stakeholder management, communication material design, templating project progress and learning
- Undertake regular monitoring through site visits to HWCs along with District Leads, Relationship officers and healthcare workers
- Oversee the selection process of Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness centres by providing technical support to district level staff through early site visits
- Lead the selection and onboarding of a media agency for designing the capacity building modules for healthcare workers’ training in districts
- Regularly review project management indicators to monitor the progress of the project
- Support in monitoring and reporting of project milestones committed to donors
- Disseminating ground level findings with stakeholders at the national level and donors through report briefs, project presentations, summarised data, and insights
- Act as a thought leader to the national leadership in driving the project
- Lead primary level data collection for gap assessment and overseeing the adoption of risk tools by creating questionnaires, planning for timely data collection, and creating efficient frameworks
- Conduct secondary research on existing guideline documents for differentiated TB care at health & wellness centres, and disseminate those findings to the district staff in a simple and concise manner
- Define key indicators and data systems to monitor project progress through program management reports and dashboards
- Leading the quantitative analysis of all data collected at the district level, and dissemination of those findings
- Manage the project data operations, ensure timely reporting and data quality
Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Management, Public Health, or related field, master’s degree will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a project in the development sector is desired; healthcare experience will be an advantage
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English and Hindi
- Good moderation, facilitation, and training skills
- Experience leading primary-level data collection for surveys, program interventions, M&E operations, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analytical capabilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word- High, Excel – Intermediate, and PowerPoint- Intermediate). Working level of proficiency in data analytical tools such as Tableau
- Prior experience in leading collaborative projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build and nurture relationships in a constantly evolving multicultural environment
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- Exceptional analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in written form) and to tailor communication to a variety of audiences
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to work independently, be self-motivated and propose and implement new initiatives
- Willingness to travel as and when required and at short notice