Senior Recruitment and Mobility Manager
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 40 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sector emergency response.
Under the supervision of the Head of the HR department and with the support of two Senior Recruitment and Mobility Officer, One Recruitment and Mobility Officer and one Recruitment Assistant. The position holder will in charge of the Recruitment function and Internal Staff Mobility for the Ethiopia Country Program. He/she will be the focal point for any queries on all recruitment and mobility matters. He/she will also take an active role in supporting the Head of HR with workforce planning.
Responsible to lead all the steps of the recruitment cycle in line with IRC Recruitment Guidelines and HR Best Practices.
- Responsible to explore and recommend new sourcing methods to attract more active, passive, and diversified candidates.
- Support the hiring manager with the identification of the position requirements, elaboration of the job description and job positioning in the salary scale
- Responsible to advertise and source the candidates via appropriate channels.
- Working along with the hiring managers, screen candidates’ applications according to the pre-agreed criteria.
- Carry-out the HR Interview and recommend the way forward with each candidate.
- Guide the hiring manager with the selection of the best candidate.
- Prepare employment offer letter and follow-up with unsuccessful candidates.
- Close the recruitment and transfer the file to the HR Officer for contract and staff on-boarding.
Documentation: responsible for maintaining recruitment and selection panelists’ agreement interview notes and administrative records for each filled post.
Job applicant/candidate inquiries: listening to grievances of candidates, facilitate and follow-up of applicant/candidate requests and implementing timely feedback and communication protocols.
- Responsible for handling internal mobility for the Ethiopia Country Program in compliance with IRC Mobility Guidelines and organizational Best Practices.
- Identify and contact internal candidates for vacant or new positions or be the focal point for internal candidates’ expression of interest.
- Screen and interview candidates according to criteria established by the hiring manager
- Prepare employment offer letter.
- Close the mobility and transfer the file to the HR Officer for contract and staff transfer.
Under the lead of the Head of HR, take an active role in workforce planning for the Ethiopia Country program and support with:
- Determining workforce demand and supply.
- Identifying resource and proficiency gaps, analyze the gap, and Developing/Modifying Workforce Plan to address the gaps.
- Initiating Activities Required per Workforce Plan.
- Auditing Procedure
- Under the lead of the Head of HR, support with the elaboration of the recruitment strategy.
- Under the lead of the Head of Department update the Recruitment and Mobility Guidelines.
Coordinate regular training for hiring managers: screening and interview techniques.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Regularly assess the legal environment to ensure the recruitment and mobility are aligned with national legal requirements and advise when change in policies or practices are required.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
This job description is not comprehensive and additional responsibilities in the remit of the role may be added according to the function
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Head of Human Resources Department, Ethiopia Country Program Position supervises: Two Senior Recruitment and Mobility Officer, One Recruitment and Mobility Officer and one Recruitment Assistant
Other Internal contacts: All staff and departments within the Ethiopia Country Program