UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Support arrangements for staff travel and missions, consolidate travel and mission plans, follow up submission of travel authorizations and travel expense claims, participate in DSA place to place surveys.
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Maintain and update staff contact list and share with all staff on monthly basis;
- Support vacancy announcement, compile matrixes, organize interview panels, and other tasks, as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain staffing lists, reports, recruitment files and contract documents;
- Support leave management process;
Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, and initiate stock replenishment on timely basis;
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
- Provide administrative support on office premises, utilities, security and maintenance of the building,
- Act as security focal point and liaise with UNDSS and other agencies on security issues, updating staff on security updates and advisories issued by UNDSS;
- Facilitate the purchase and issuance of telephone/airtime cards to staff with proper recording and reconciliation;
- Participate in inter-agency initiatives including Joint Working Groups on administration, logistics/transport;
Provide administrative support on transportation services to the office
- Monitor and document vehicle administration, maintenance and fuel consumption on monthly basis.
- Facilitate and support logistics for day to day and field mission by assisting and supporting the transportation needs of the office.
- Prepare vehicle management reports.
- Coordinate with all drivers and ensure all necessary certifications and insurance are done for vehicles to be road worthy. Follow up with insurance companies and relevant authorities for any claims.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Perform other duties appropriate to the position and/or assigned by line manager
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT and web based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, accounting/finance or related fields..
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) a completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided?on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)