Floating Temporary Appointment for HR and Finance Assistants, GS4, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
As part of the Talent Acquisition programme, UNICEF GSSC is looking for Administrative Assistants who will have opportunity to rotate and work in different areas within GSSC, including HR Administration and Finance during 364 days on a temporary appointment contract. This is a great opportunity for fresh graduates and every interested candidate who wish to gain marketable business experience in a multicultural organization, embarking on an international journey of professionalism and efficiency as part of the UN family.
The work that you do can make a difference. Are you a new graduate who wishes to gain experience in a dynamic and exciting environment? Do you want to work for a humanitarian organization and channel your skills, knowledge, and experience into a noble cause? UNICEF Global Shared Service Center (GSSC) is offering several career opportunities in areas of Finance, Human Resources and Business Administration.
UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights and to help them fulfill their potential.
By working with the GSSC, you will support the success of UNICEF’s programmes worldwide, driving organizational efficiency and innovation – increasing the impact that UNICEF’s work has on the lives of children.
For every child, results.
UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) was set up in 2016 and has established itself as a solid service provider to UNICEF offices worldwide in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, and IT with the goal of providing modern business solutions for efficiency.
In 2019, the GSSC won the Business Service Firm of the Year, a prestigious title awarded dedicated to recognize excellence in the Central and Eastern European business sector.
How can you make a difference while building your own career?
As part of the Talent Acquisition programme, UNICEF GSSC is looking for Administrative Assistants who will have opportunity to rotate and work in different areas within GSSC, including HR Administration and Finance during 364 days on a temporary appointment contract.
This is a great opportunity for fresh graduates and every interested candidate who wish to gain marketable business experience in a multicultural organization, embarking on an international journey of professionalism and efficiency as part of the UN family.
HR Administration – the role will involve:
- Updating UNICEF staff personnel records in SAP
- Maintaining reporting system for HR processes
- Understanding and administering changes in policy and procedures
- Preparing and issuing HR documents
- Client service related to HR requests and inquiries
- Participation in special projects.
- Preparation of data for internal receipt reports
- Receipt processing in SAP
- Quality assurance related tasks
- Client service for related requests and inquiries
- Participation in special projects.
As an advocate for every child, you will receive…
- Competitive salary which is tax-exempted in Hungary
- Net salary range of HUF 420,250 – 478,250 depending experience (medical insurance and pension premiums will be deducted from net salary). Access here the UN Salary Scale for Hungary, and here a salary calculator for simulation.
- Holidays and leave, including 1.5 days of annual leave accrual per month
- Parental leave
- Dependency allowance
- United Nations sponsored medical insurance plan, pension plan and optional life insurance plan
- Access to professional development and learning programs, online learning and learning path
- Access to staff well-being and career development support
Please visit Compensation and Benefit site on UNICEF Career page
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A secondary education diploma (high school diploma)
- 0-1 year of experience for candidates holding bachelor’s or master's degree in HR, business administration, finance, economics or related field
- 4 years of experience in administration (HR or Finance) for candidates without a university degree
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint) is required
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information is required
- University level courses in human resources, business administration, finance, economics or related studies are desirable
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services within a services centre environment is desirable
- Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish is an advantage
- Previous admin experience in a shared services center context is an advantage.
- The hiring manager may apply other criteria beyond the minimum requirements
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next steps
- Applicants must be nationals of EU countries or in possession of a valid work permit. Please attach a copy of your work permit to your application submission
- General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) accreditation for locally recruited staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.