Cash Based Transfer Programme Policy Officer
Qualified women and people living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity.
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is the world's biggest hunger emergency in absolute numbers, with 26 million people projected to be experiencing acute hunger. Despite the tough operating environment, WFP plans to reach a record of 8.6 million people in DRC this year. A growing proportion of WFP's work centres on building the resilience of fragile communities, in the case of Kinshasa and its outskirt, severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemics and more recently by the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
WFP in Kinshasa is looking at scaling up its activities and diversify its operations to start resilience activities that would complement the unconditional cash activities as well as introducing innovative programming such as financial and digital inclusion. The position will be based at the Sub Office of Kinshasa in Kinshasa and will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office.
1. Manage and lead CBT activities in the sub office of Kinshasa, supporting in the design, direct implementation and monitoring of cash modality projects
2. Ensure coordination with relevant units at country office level to avoid delays in implementation of ongoing CBT programme.
3. Review on a regular basis levels of implementation based on the project plans and available resources (pipeline report) and discuss with management on any foreseeable deviation from agreed implementation plans
4. Ensure data on CBT is regularly collected and consolidated - complete all internal and external reporting obligations
5. Provide a regular overview of the CBT's ongoing activities, including operational outputs, resource utilization, challenges, and recommendations.
6. Ensure that WFP has in place a comprehensive monitoring & evaluation system to ensure the quality of assistance is in line with WFP's corporate monitoring framework.
7. Ensure that appropriate SOPs are in place and are implemented by all partners.
8. Ensure programmes remain compliant with all WFP policies and procedures
9. Ensure Gender and Protection aspects are included and monitored across the project cycle.
10. Ensure coordination with other programmes sections on the implementation of digital financial resilience of Programme beneficiaries.
11. Other as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
End of mission report
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Advanced University degree in Business Administrations, Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Communications, Information Management, other relevant discipline.
5 years or more of relevant progressive work experience in cash-based programming, project management, information management, information systems, web management, data management, GIS mapping, data visualization.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience in project operations management; experience in CBT operations (possibly with WFP), strong oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to main stakeholders, knowledge of common business principals and processes and systems. Proven knowledge and ability to effectively use basic software packages and commonly used Office equipment.
Working Language in the DRC is French. Good knowledge of French is required. English (level C) is desirable.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Réf.: VA 167371
Kindly note the only documents you need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter. Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time.
For candidates who experience problems accessing WFP E-recruitment platform and need accommodations in applying, please contact [email protected] mentioning the VA number in the subject line.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.