Internship UNDP Accelerator LAB
UNDP Turkey Accelerator Lab (a.k.a. AccLab) was set up in September 2019 with the aim of accelerating progress towards achieving the SDGs using innovative principles, processes, methods, and tools. The lab is a part of a global network, now consisting of 91 UNDP Accelerator Labs located all over the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Turkey Accelerator Lab (AccLab), the intern will:
- Assist the AccLab team on administrative tasks in preparation of files, reports, records, proper filing and analysis;
- Provide research, writing and editing support on issues related to social media and communication activities;
- Assist the preparation of minutes of meetings in Turkish/English and translate short documents from English to Turkish (and vice versa);
- Assist in the administration and implementation of the daily AccLab activities;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences;
- Prepare lists and draft short reports and prepare documentation;
- Support the preparation of newsletters, blogs, e-discussions or any other knowledge products;
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines;
- Ability to think out-of-the-box;
- Commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must at the time of application meet all of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
(c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
(d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent drafting and written and verbal communication skills in both English and Turkish;
- Excellent computer literacy in standard software applications (MS Office Suite);
- Data preparation, processing, modelling and visualization skills;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate with accuracy and professionalism;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Sensitivity to political, cultural and national differences and adaptability to multicultural environments;
- Acquaintance with UNDP rules and procedures is an asset.