Talent Coordinator Associate
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Talent Coordinator Associate
Division: PPF - Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Type of Contract: full-time regular Consultant
Duration: 11 months (expected start date in July 2022)
Deadline for applications: 03.07.2022
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency working to create a world with zero hunger. WFP and its partners believe that no child should go to bed hungry and that individual and collective wellbeing can only be achieved if all children, women and men get the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, dignified lives. In 2020 WFP assisted 115.5 million people in 84 countries. WFP works with partners to strengthen the resilience of communities most vulnerable to hunger and malnutrition through long-term development programmes aimed at boosting food security, local economies, education, employment and gender equality. While hunger and malnutrition are the world’s largest solvable issues, the needs are still immense and growing.
Starting in 2020, WFP has embarked upon a new partnership and engagement strategy, which will focus on cooperation with the business sector, foundations and individuals to drive progress towards zero hunger. WFP will concentrate its efforts over the next strategic period (2020-2025) around three key pillars:
Impact: partnerships that provide expertise and skills to support capacity strengthening for WFP and local governments.
Income: investing in and growing fundraising.
Innovation: identifying areas for innovation – particularly with businesses –uniquely able to drive change at scale.
The revamped Operational Excellence (OpEx) Team actively contributes towards the transformation of the way we manage partnerships and fundraising, providing operational excellence to internal customers, relevant partners and individual supporters, by enabling project development of teams and supporting the division in making things happen. We provide a multilevel response on all PPF operational aspects, aiming at excellence by giving guidance and assistance, strategic thinking, finding solutions and building bridges with other Divisions. We have a positive impact in the lives of WFP beneficiaries, creating an enabling environment to reach SDG2 and SDG17 (zero hunger and partnerships development).
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Reporting to the Talent Advisor, the Talent Coordinator Associate will contribute to supporting senior leadership in the delivery of strategic talent management, developing ideas to attract the right talent and assure the retention and nurturing of current employees, and supporting in the development of effective management of staff’s contractual requirements, including helping in the coordination of strategic workforce planning. Our ideal candidate is someone proactive, creative, reliable, flexible, and enthusiastic about working within a multicultural environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research strategies to identify the best venues to disseminate VAs depending on the necessary profiles.
- Support in the implementation of a TOR review exercise.
- Assist in the creation of rosters for the required profiles.
- Support and coordinate HR sessions within the pre-existing Onboarding pipeline.
- Incorporate requesting references within the HR Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support the HR team in identifying staffing requirements and developments to measure employee satisfaction.
- Follow the latest advancements in HR and propose improvements on existing procedures.
- Facilitate in the enhancement of approval or rejection communication for short-listed candidates.
- Provide guidelines that can assist managers in supporting their employees in their career progression.
- Support in the coordination of flexible schedules and remote working options within our working culture.
- Support in producing communication pieces and trainings tailored towards staff and managers to understand the implications related to new HR policies.
- Assist the Talent Advisor in the development of materials to support the engagement of managers with HR policies and regulations.
- Contribute towards the development of standard reporting on HR statistics for leadership purposes.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Efficient coordination of activities developed to measure employee satisfaction.
- Support in the scheduling of alignment meetings between OpEx Managers and PPF Hiring Managers.
- Produce a look-forward report showing the upcoming contracting actions to be shared each month with the Leadership.
- Support in establishing a system or standard operating procedures for the approval/rejection of candidates.
- Support in identifying the best approach towards Exit interviews to help forge an understanding of key challenges in PPF.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Terms and Conditions
Short-listed candidates can be subject to written assessment.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables. This consultancy assignment is renewable upon funding.
Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the Organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!