Global Mastercard Partnership Manager
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Global Mastercard Partnership Manager
Division: PPF - Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Type of Contract: full-time regular Consultant
Duration: 11 months (expected start in August/September 2022)
Deadline for applications: 10.08.2022.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency working to create a world with zero hunger.
As leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP believes that individual and collective wellbeing can only be achieved if all children, women and men get the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, dignified lives.
Each year, WFP assists 86.7 million people in 83 countries. Every day, some 5,600 WFP-chartered trucks are on the road, 92 planes are in the air and 20 ships are at sea. These numbers speak to WFP’s unparalleled reputation as an emergency responder, one that is often the first on the scene in the most difficult environments. WFP also works with partners to strengthen the resilience of communities most vulnerable to hunger and malnutrition through long-term development programmes aimed at boosting food security, local economies, education, employment and gender equality. While hunger and malnutrition are the world’s largest solvable issues, the needs are still immense and growing. 821 million people in the world suffer from chronic hunger.
The Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) is responsible for engaging the private sector (corporations, individuals, foundations) through high-impact partnerships in support of WFP's strategic priorities, and through individual giving to build and retain support from the general public worldwide. PPF has embarked on an exceptionally ambitious new strategy 2020-2025 to raise an additional one billion dollars for hungry or malnourished people and to expand the contribution to WFP from the business sector through effective and sustainable long-term partnerships as well as from private individual supporters around the world. This includes securing new high impact technical partnerships, signing significant new corporate deals and growing existing relationships as well as building a base of one million individual supporters. Our strategy and ambition are based on need. WFP was reaching more than 90 million people in 83 countries and we now know that we will be called on to reach many millions more as a result of the pandemic.
Joining PPF is an exciting opportunity for experienced professionals to co-develop and implement our new private partnerships and fundraising strategy.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The position is part of the leadership team and will manage and optimize the impact and results of WFP’s portfolio of global partnerships with international and national businesses.
WFP’s partnership with Mastercard, a partner since 2012, was WFP’s largest corporate partner in 2017- 2019. The partnership is multifaceted – with two key pillars: fundraising/cause marketing and ‘shared value’/expertise/technical. MC is an extremely complex partner with activities targeting both WFP’s income and impact strategic priorities. Following leadership and strategic changes at Mastercard the nature and structure of our collaboration has evolved and changed recently.
PPF requires a senior officer with extensive experience managing partnerships of this scale and complexity to manage the global partnership to ensure we are creating a strategy which maximizes the financial and technical/non-financial value for WFP while also creating the most effective and efficient approach to the partnership.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the global MC-WFP partnership: act as focal point, manage the portfolio, define and develop standards
- Partnerships mission: relationship management and strengthening
- Lead on the execution of the 2022 - 2025 PPF MC global partnership plan and adapt based on shifts in the partnership.
- Positioning WFP for Partnership: finalise negotiations with Mastercard on renewal of partnership in 2022, implement new ways of working and processes in line with the renewal.
- Draft and finalise any contract amendments, revisions and extensions required to the Mastercard global contract, working closely with PPF legal department and associated legal agreements
- Work with MC to co-develop a partnership plan for the renewal period with mutually agreed goals, priorities, roles and responsibilities, timeline, etc. Work with MC marketing team to incorporate marketing priorities into the overall plan.
- Assess the capacity of the partnership (both financial and non-financial), with the goal of maximizing the potential while also ensuring the partnership strategy is a fit for WFP.
Recommend and lead hiring of appropriate staffing/resources, and adjust the partnership plan and our approach to stewardship accordingly.
- Lead on discussions on Mastercard technologies assessing where they can add value to the global partnership and implementing internally where relevant.
- Identify and advance opportunities to engage and build relationships with key MC stakeholders as appropriate in line with the account plan.
- Enhance the WFP infrastructure (including systems, financials, staffing, internal communications, etc.), so WFP is best able to efficiently manage key partnership information and provide the support needed by MC and update the internal Mastercard processes document.
- Design areas of innovation and creative solutions.
- Supervise and mentor the dedicated PPF (junior) consultants who also plays a key role in the partnership.
- Work internally and with MC to ensure WFP delivers effectively and appropriately on high-priority ad-hoc activities.
- Fundraising mission: resource mobilization
- Lead on campaign strategy and implementation for campaigns in key growth markets including Europe, with support of junior consultants.
- Build relationships with key senior Mastercard contacts both at a global level and at market level.
- Provide technical guidance and business support to the PPF MC relationship focal points around the world who are responsible for campaigns in their region, ensuring all campaigns are in line with the global partnership strategy.
- Create a strategy for allocating MC’s donations and create donor impact reports.
- Initiate and execute activities to add value to the partnership and to make our partnership more efficient, effective, and collaborative.
- Contribute to the PPF Partnerships Team
- Play a key role as part of the PPF Partnerships team, collaborating with the wider team and department, inputting in to planning and working closely with the wider WFP organization.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Terms and Conditions
Short-listed candidates can be subject to written assessment.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables. This consultancy assignment is renewable upon funding.
Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the Organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!