Asset Safeguarding Advisor Incident Management (anti-corruption / anti-fraud expert) (f/m/d)
SOS Children's Villages, founded in 1949 by Hermann Gmeiner, is the world's largest non-governmental organization focused on supporting children and young people without parental care, or at risk of losing it.
Child neglect, abuse and abandonment is everywhere. Families are at risk of separation. Locally led, we work in more than 130 countries and territories to strengthen families who are under pressure so they can stay together. When this is not in a child or young person's best interests, we provide quality care according to their unique needs.
Together with partners, donors, communities, children, young people and families, we enable children to grow up with the bonds they need to develop and become their strongest selves. We speak up for each child's rights and advocate for change so all children can grow up in a supportive environment.
Location: Innsbruck, Vienna, Faridabad, Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Dakar, Lomé, Casablanca, Amman, Skopje, Tallin, La Paz, San José
The mission of the asset safeguarding advisor is to coordinate and support our asset safeguarding work. The primary focus of this position is to undertake asset safeguarding incident management and supporting asset safeguarding incident management processes within the GSC. The asset safeguarding advisor will play a central role in ensuring communication with federation stakeholders on incident management and in supporting the development of asset safeguarding incident management tools and training.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the development of asset safeguarding reports, tools and training materials on asset safeguarding incident management.
- Monitor the asset safeguarding reporting channels (email, whistleblowing channel) and follow the required steps to ensure an appropriate and fast response.
- Develop asset safeguarding incident papers on asset safeguarding incidents where the GSC gets involved.
- In close cooperation with the IORs, monitor the implementation of the Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Guideline and related procedures. This includes the consolidation of the Annual Asset Safeguarding Incident Report and analysing Audit and AS Investigation Reports for learning purposes.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks delegated from the ID ICL consistent with the role and nature of the job and responsibility.
- Advanced university degree (Master) in economics, law, business administration, or administrative sciences, preferably with a specialization or additional diploma or certificate in asset-safeguarding, anti-corruption, anti-fraud, compliance or similar.
- A minimum of 2-5 years practical experience working on asset safeguarding incident management.
- Experience in anti-corruption, anti-fraud, compliance
- At least 2-5 years of local and global alternative care, community, aid or humanitarian work experience implementing programmes including focusing on keeping children, young people or other vulnerable groups safe from abuse and harm.
- Excellent drafting skills with respect to assessments and incident papers
- Strong ability to scan long reports for defined asset safeguarding misconduct
- Developing anti-corruption training materials e.g. for e-learning and digital platforms and in-house trainings
- Strong English skills (written and verbal).
- Asset safeguarding investigation skills
- Proficiency in Spanish, French and /or understanding of Arabic or Russian is a strong advantage
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Homeoffice possibility
- Training possibilities
- Possibility for future horizontal career moves and promotion
If you are interested in this position, please submit your detailed application in English by 5th of July 2022 at https://careers-sos-kd.icims.com