Local Consultant to draft Secondary Legislation deriving from the Law on Efficient Use of Energy
UNDP CO Montenegro has been providing technical assistance to the Government of Montenegro with the objective to promote low emission business initiatives and decarbonization of Montenegrin economy. In order to further facilitate the implementation of the Law on Efficient use of energy, UNDP is assisting the Ministry of Capital Investments in drafting the secondary legislation that is in compliance with the requirements set out by relevant EU Directives/Regulations has to be prepared and adopted in a timely manner, so that the Law is enforced successfully.
Therefore, UNDP is seeking for a qualified technical expert to draft a set of two Bylaws deriving from the Law on efficient use of energy, the implementation of which will enable removal of inefficient household washing machines and household washer-dryers and inefficient tyres, from the Montenegrin market.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of the assignment:
To provide technical support in the process of drafting the following:
- Rulebook with regard to on the labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency and other parameters, amending Regulation (EU) 2017/1369 and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1222/2009 and
- Rulebook on ecodesign requirements for household washing machines and household washer-dryers pursuant to Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, amending Commission Regulation (EC) No 1275/2008 and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 1015/2010
Job content: Under the direct supervision of the UNDP Programme Manager, and in close coordination with the Directorate for energy and energy efficiency in the Ministry of Capital Investments, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Prepare the Rulebook with regard to energy labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency and other parameters, amending Regulation (EU) 2017/1369 and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1222/2009;
- Prepare the Rulebook on eco-design requirements for household washing machines and household; washer-dryers pursuant to Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, amending Commission Regulation (EC) No 1275/2008 and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 1015/2010;
- Present the prepared Rulebooks to relevant stakeholders.
The Consultant will deliver:
- Prepared Rulebook with regard to energy labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency and other parameters, amending Regulation (EU) 2017/1369 and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1222/2009;
- Prepared Rulebook on eco-design of requirements for household washing machines and household; washer-dryers pursuant to Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, amending Commission Regulation (EC) No 1275/2008 and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 1015/2010;
- Presentation of prepared Rulebooks to relevant stakeholders.
The deliverables shall be submitted in local language.
Time duration and travel:
The assignment will be carried out over a period of 2 months from 10th July 2022 to 30th August 2022 for a maximum number of 25 working days.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN/UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in technical sciences (mechanical engineering, electro-technics or similar);
- Familiarity with Montenegrin and EU energy efficiency related legal framework;
- Previous experience in drafting of regulations (law, bylaw, rulebooks);
- Proven record of knowledge of design and implementation of eco-design;
- Experience with UN agencies will be considered as an asset;
- Experience with the usage of various systems analysis methods and techniques;
- Proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders;
- Fluency in Montenegrin language (written and spoken).
- Capability to work effectively under deadline pressure and to take on a range of responsibilities;
- Ability to work in a team, good decision-making skills, communication and writing skills;
Criteria for selection:
Combined Scoring method will be used. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: (i) responsive, compliant, acceptable, and (ii) having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical criteria weight - 70% (Background and education 10%; Relevant previous experience 20%; Substantial knowledge/Required competencies 30%; Required language 10%);
- Financial criteria weight - 30%.
Only offerors obtaining a minimum 490 points for technical criteria will be considered for the financial evaluation. For more information on procurement methodology for Individual Contractors, please refer to Procurement Notice.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications by June 30, 2022 by using the Apply now button. The application should contain CV or P11 that can be downloaded at https://www.me.undp.org/content/montenegro/en/home/jobs.html. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file.
Only the short-listed applicants will be contacted and requested to submit a letter of interest including a price quotation indicating the lump sum (in EUR) requested for the work envisaged in the section "Description of Responsibilities".