Grants Manager Ethiopia Addis Ababa
The purpose of the Grants Manager position is to provide essential grant management support to the HoP in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Country Office (CO) strategy, Project Cycle Management and Plan of Action.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and consideration of NRC global and regional strategies when executing functions related to this role
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database - forthcoming)
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Be updated on donor priorities, trends (such as interest in cash-based interventions) and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Responsible for developing/and or reviewing grants proposals in collaboration with Core Competency (CC) Specialists Advisers.
- Create an evaluation tool to benchmark the quality of proposals and reports, guide future processes, and identify areas for improvement, including current Grants Tracker.
- Attend donor meetings, upon request by the Head of Programme
- Coordinate and seek input on generic concept notes, briefing notes, SITREPS and programme factsheets to be used in donor meetings and visits.
- Responsible for drafting fundraising strategy and gap analysis with support of Head of Programmes
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Context/Specific Skills, Knowledge/ Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Ethiopia
- Knowledge of Amharic considered an asset
- Ethiopian nationals and females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in programme development, management, fundraising and design in the humanitarian sector, preferably with refugee/IDP-related emergencies;
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting preferable
For more information, Here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
Language: Fluency in English.
All applications should be submitted in English!
This position is open to qualified candidates of all Ethiopia nationality!