Senior ICT Assistant (G6)
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR's assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR's mandate.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights, please see https://www.osce.org/odihr.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under supervision of the Second Deputy Director, the incumbent will be responsible for different tasks including:
- Administering and maintaining ODIHRs datacenter including server infrastructure, storage infrastructure, virtualization platform and cloud services;
- Administering and supporting the efficient operation of the Active Directory and E-mail services for ODIHR by managing user provisioning service, maintaining access security and local configuration policies. Administering and supporting supplementary and in-house developed applications servers;
- Ensuring that computer systems and data are backed up by implementing backup and restore systems including disaster recovery plans;
- Supporting the installation, configuration, integration and maintenance of servers and applications by planning and performing regular operating system upgrades and maintenance, developing and implementing solutions for the integration of applications and directory services, evaluating and recommending server hardware and software, preparing application deployment packages, and maintaining equipment and software inventories;
- Maintaining optimal system performance by monitoring and analyzing hardware and software performance issues, identify and recommend software and hardware upgrades, develop automation tools and scripts, and maintain related documentation.
- Assisting users to use ICT resources effectively by providing access to the web services, applications and devices they require, developing and maintaining user manuals, usage instructions and Standard Operating Procedure documents, providing technical information and on-the-job training, and assisting users to resolve technical problems related to the use of ICT equipment and software including telecommunication devices;
- Providing advisory role and technical expertise to ODIHRs Departmental projects involving ICT technologies and assisting departments with their activities by consulting technical terms of references and participating in technical evaluation committees;
- Supporting ICT helpdesk operations by providing first level helpdesk assistance to ODIHR staff during helpdesk staff holidays, and during high load in helpdesk;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education; supplementary technical training in computer science and related coursework is an asset;
- At least six years of experience in the installation and maintenance of server hardware and peripherals such as storage and backup appliances;
- At least three years of experience in MS Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory;
- At least three years of experience in Linux server operating systems including installation of web applications and software integration;
- At least two years of experience in design, deployment and maintenance of virtual infrastructure solutions based on VMWare;
- Excellent practical knowledge of Microsoft software packages, Windows Server platforms, Linux Severs, e-mail server and collaboration tools (MS Exchange), other common automation software (e.g. SCCM, Baramundi, Antivirus, Visio, MS Project etc.);
- Ability to identify, analyse and efficiently resolve hardware and software problems;
- Ability to maintain the absolute confidentiality and security of OSCE and ODIHR information;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and local language to review and resolve issues with local service providers;
- Certification in administration of Microsoft Server platforms and practical knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform will be an asset.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approximately PLN 8,445. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland. Social security will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme (current approximate deduction for a staff member is 56 Euro) and OSCE Provident Fund. The Organization contributes an additional amount equivalent to 15% of the employee's salary to this pension-style fund while the employee contributes 7.5%. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System for general services employees.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.