Support Services Officer Lublin
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Support Services Officer to be based in Lublin, Poland.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs and host populations both within Ukraine and in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova and wider Europe. Since late February 2022, nearly 4 million Ukrainians and third-country nationals have crossed the border to Poland. As part of its neighboring country response, DRC is establishing an operational presence in Poland to support displaced populations through partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers and other actors.
About the job
As Support Services Officer you will support project compliance and implementing partners in field locations in admin, finance, logistics, procurement, fleet management, and safety. You will provide supervision, ensure implementing partners' compliance, and serve as a key liaison for support services between field locations and DRC Poland CO in Warsaw. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- In coordination with Support Services Manager, responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision of procurement, assets, equipment and receiving of goods and issuing services/job completion certificates in the field location(s), including ensuring functionality of the community centers.
- In close coordination with the Blue Dot Project Coordinator and Support Services Manager, ensure that support systems (petty cash, logistics/procurement, fleet management, and Admin) in community centers are set-up and functional in accordance with all DRC SOPs including the Operations Handbook and DRC ERP systems (Dynamics).
- Responsible for monthly reporting and consolidation of goods delivery, assets management and community centers supply flow. Continually identifying ways to improve systems for increased efficiency in support functions and proactively recommending such improvements to Support Services Manager and Blue Dot Project Coordinator.
- Contributes to the overall teamwork, communication, and coordination among the support departments.
- Work closely with the Blue Dot Project Coordinator, Support Services Manager, Implementing Partners Team Leaders and Implementing Partner Project Area Coordinators to understand their needs and how the support teams can best support for achieving quality programming.
- In coordination with the Supply Chain, Support Service staff, ensure that new Implementing Partners are fully aware and compliant with the support procedures.
- Ensure that documents & files are organized and stored securely in both hard copy and SharePoint.
- In coordination with the Support Services Manager and Blue Dot Project Coordinator, support with inputs for support forecasts/budgeting.
- Support Implementing Partners, with consolidation and preparation of Purchase Requisitions and accessing DRC Purchase Agreements.
- Support the Support Services Manager and Blue Dot Project Coordinator on field level donor/internal/external audits & reports related to support functions as needed.
- Work independently and be able to ensure that the support procedures are followed by Implementing Partners.
- Be the key focal point for DRC engagement with local landlords, utility providers and suppliers/contractors.
- Support in liaising with relevant stakeholders and when requested by Support Services Manager and Blue Dot Project Coordinator.
Procurement & Logistics
- Support Supply team and ensure that inventory and assets lists are maintained and regularly updated, admin stores are managed and maintained in line with DRC guidelines.
- Support the Supply Chain team to ensure the efficient management of vehicles and manage locally available DRC fleet.
Finance & Administration:
- Provide support to ensure that staff are issued with phones, laptops and track the usage and return of these items.
- Support DRC Finance team to ensure that all cash advances are handled, and payments are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with DRC procedures.
- Facilitate purchasing of supplies and equipment using Low Value Procurement methodology and ensure that Implementing Partners use Low Value Procurement methodology in accordance with DRC procedures.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have 2 years of relevant work experience. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Relevant university degree or similar education
- Experience in logistics, procurement, finance, fleet management, admin and/or HR highly desirable
- Experience in the humanitarian/NGO sector preferred. Understanding of humanitarian principles, a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Ability to show initiative and work independently
- Positive attitude and teamwork required
- Ability to multi-task and organizational skills needed
- Fluent in spoken and written Polish and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months
Designation of Duty Station: Lublin
Start date: 1 July
We offer competitive salary and benefits in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30 June
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.